My Usenet (1 Viewer)

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
here is my 'myusenet.xml. file, this is from the Skin folder as there are no XML files in Plugin/windows where you said to look. `shrug`

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
When you get the configure error press continue and configure the plugin.

When you have done that a file should be created in the plugins/windows folder called myusenet1.xml.
and the error should not appear again

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In that case I've really got no solution for you. Your logs show absolutely no errors at all and I've never seen this happen. If it weren't able to create the file then you would get an error. Based solely on the screenshot you posted earlier you may not be running the most current version (I haven't used the ReadElementContentAsString method since way back when the config file was seperated into multiple files). I would completely uninstall the plugin and make sure you download from the link that's in the first post of this thread.

gizzard, any ideas on this one? :D

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Like jburnette said I have never seen this happen.

As a last resort you can try to create the myusenet1.xml in the \plugins\windows\ directory with the following text in it
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
</profile>

If that dose not work

Shutdown any mediaportal programs.

Delete the
myusenet.dll
myusenet.xml if exist
myusenet1.xml if exist

in the plugins/windows directory

Download myusenet again and reinstall.

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
I finally located the myusenet1.xml file. it was under c:\users\media\appdata\local\virtualstores\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\plugins\windows. i checked and it does users & password and it has long string at NBZsmoke & NBZsectionid. and i still have cookies refreshed message.

Thank You.

After deleteing and reinstalling myusenet again, the cookie problem was solved but my search results were not being shown which I know other people had. I tried using the refresh feed and got the msg about cookies needed to be refreshed. `sigh`

going to mess around with it some more and see if i can get it working properly.

Thanks

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
If you are using newzbin have you tried this?

Make sure your listing style on Newzbin's website is set to v3 atrrs in table. If that's set right, another round of logs should help.

hmmm... sorry about the stupid question,
I'm using v3.newzbin.com, default mode, but what is atrrs in table?...

It's under My Account -> My Preferences -> First option under "Report View Preferences". If you haven't changed it, then that's most likely what it's still set to. Attach your mediaportal.log and gizzard or I should be able to see what's going on.

Also if you are using alt.binz

Check for the file altbinz_status.xml in c:\program files\alt.binz and the location below and
configure the plugin with your settings.

it exists here: C:\Users\Berman\AppData\Local\Alt.Binz (it's vista)

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "utf-8"?>
<altbinz>
<title>alt.binz status</title>
<description>Stats from alt.binz</description>
<limit>No limit</limit>
<CurrentSpeed>0 KB/s</CurrentSpeed>
<QueueSize>0.00 MB</QueueSize>
<ETA>Unknown</ETA>
<FreeSpace>44.4GB</FreeSpace>
<connect>false</connect>
</altbinz>

You'll also need to create an nzb folder in that folder and set alt.binz to watch it for nzbs. I didn't account for alt.binz putting that file there.

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
thank you for your help. everything works now except when i download error - cannot download NZB. I am sending you my 3 logs.

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Code:
2008-05-13 21:06:32.207737 [Info.][14]: My Usenet: Error downloading NZB, error message: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Blake's 7 - 3x13 - Terminal.nzb' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at myusenet.myusenet.getnzb()

If you are using alt.binz and in vista you have to create the nzb folder in the same place as the altbinz_status.xml.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Alt.Binz

and then set alt.binz to wath that folder for nzbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburnette
You'll also need to create an nzb folder in that folder and set alt.binz to watch it for nzbs. I didn't account for alt.binz putting that file there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom