My Usenet (3 Viewers)

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
I was wondering if it's possible to use this plugin in combination with sabnzbd WITHOUT sharing the configuration directory over the network. I have sabnzbd running on a seperate server and have shared the blackhole/pickup directory. When using my normal desktop pc, i just download/save as into this blackhole share.

So the only feature i need is to only specify this blackhole share in your plugin (instead of having it read from the sabnzbd configuration file).

You should be able to just copy your sabnzbd.ini to another folder and change the line in it that specifies the blackhole directory. Then just point the plugin to that directory and it will read the directory out of this false sabnzbd.ini. The only thing it gets out of that file is the blackhole directory. That should work.

I'm using 0.4 yes, so that's probably my problem ;)

edit:
the trailing \ doesn't resolve the config error.

thanks for your help ;)

Here is the compiled version from source.

It´s not complete but it should fix this error.
If not it could be you have to map a network drive to the share and try it that way.
Also make sure that the sabnzb.ini has the same format as the real one. As the plugin
reads the section of the inifile and looks for the nzb dir in the right section of the file

Copy myusenet.dll into plugins/windows
and the xml file into your skin folder.

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
i will send you the sab. programs log.

Download the zip file in the post above and follow the copy instructions.

In the config section set the path to the sabnzbd grabber to C:\Users\Media\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\

host to localhost
port to 8080

and it should work fine

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    00ps... yes it fixed the error.. when i get home i will check the logs. But from the GUI point of view all seemed fine after the patch.
    I haven't tried adding a NZB yet so i will report back later today. :)

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It would probably be a good idea for everyone to upgrade to the build gizzard posted. It does include a good number of bugfixes and some extra features courtesy of gizzard.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried adding a NBZ and it gets placed in the blackhole directory... BUT... somehow Sabnbzd refuses to pick it up.. i looked at the NZB file and it contained some unknown characters outside of the xml elements (probably linefeeds or something). Could be that this is making the NZB(xml) invalid?

edit: will post a sample as soon as i have the chance again... have to sleep now ;)

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I tried adding a NBZ and it gets placed in the blackhole directory... BUT... somehow Sabnbzd refuses to pick it up.. i looked at the NZB file and it contained some unknown characters outside of the xml elements (probably linefeeds or something). Could be that this is making the NZB(xml) invalid?

edit: will post a sample as soon as i have the chance again... have to sleep now ;)

There are no changes in how the plugin downloads the nzb.
    I use it with nzbmatrix and it is working fine.
    I also have the sabnzb on my server and the plugin is on my mediacenter.

When you have time post your sab logs and your MP logs so I can see what is going on.

We are working on a better logging with the plugin but we have limited time to work on this
    so please be patient with this :)

Pulzar

Portal Member
    April 28, 2008
    Hi there,

I'v installed the plugin, and I'm having some problems with it -- it crashes when I try to retrieve a feed.

Here are some detail: I'm using Newzbin, I've set it up in the configurator, and loaded my saved searches into the plugin (so, it can connect to newzbin properly). When I open the plugin, I see nothing in the list. I choose 'select feed', and pick one of my custom/loaded searches. It "thinks" for a few seconds, and then crashed media portal. With version 0.5 it crashed the first time I tried it, and afterwards it just wouldn't display any search results. I then tried the beta posted above, and that one crashes, too, but every time.

The error log shows this:

2008-05-16 21:52:50.796875 [ERROR][13]: Exception :Count cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: count
    2008-05-16 21:52:50.812500 [ERROR][13]: site :confused:ystem.String Remove(Int32, Int32)
    2008-05-16 21:52:50.812500 [ERROR][13]: source :mscorlib
    2008-05-16 21:52:50.812500 [ERROR][13]: stacktrace: at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
    at myusenet.myusenet.newzbinhtmlsearch(Object feedaddress)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

It looks like a problem parsing results from newzbin... I've also tried a simple search for 'a' to see if I can get it dispay anything (by selecting 'search newzbin', not usng saved searches). That didn't crash, it showed that 950 results were retrieved (the status said 1/950), although it didn't actually display any of those results.

Any ideas? Do I need to set up newzbin to display results in a particular way? Is using v3 ok?

Any other information I can provide to help narrow this down?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We are working on a better logging with the plugin but we have limited time to work on this
    so please be patient with this :)

The only thing that's logged is this:

2008-05-17 08:39:22.372000 [Info.][16]: My Usenet: SABnzbd NZB dir read from C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\sabnzbd.ini as \\TITAN\NZB\
    2008-05-17 08:39:22.411000 [Info.][16]: My Usenet: Successfully read config from myusenet.xml.

not much help i'm affraid :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom