MyDVDs plugin ready for testing (1 Viewer)

sdellutri

Portal Member
September 8, 2005
New York, USA
freezer said:
I understand the desire for adding search capability - my wife has the same 'complaint'.

I do not understand your suggestion for a 'function to launch' the movie ?
If the CD or DVD is located in, say a Sony MegaChanger, then there would have to be some communication between the HTPC and the MegaChanger for this function to be of any use - correct?
I currently use MyDVDs to lookup a Movie and get the slot number - I then use my MegaChanger remote to start the movie in the slot number I noted previously.....let me know more details so I understand what you are looking for....

I recently did an integration on myHTPC (now meedio) with this type of functionality. I was looking to upgrade my system and attempting to replicate this functionality in another HTPC front end. I just found the Media Portal and I am really excited about it.

see previous attempt to integrate with gallm
http://www.gallm.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1056&highlight=changer

The way my existing setup works is as follows:

SOFTWARE:
- myHTPC
- Girder
- dscaler
- DVDProfiler
- DVDProfiler2myFile

HARDWARE:
- ATI AIW 9700pro
- Sony DVP-CX850D (200 discs) [Secondary S-Video output is connected to video input of All In Wonder card]
- USB CUE Kat Barcode reader
- USB-UIRT

Steps
1. Load DVDProfiler
2. Scan ever DVD UPC code and get details downloaded including images
3. Save DB to XML format
4. Run program DVDProfiler2myFile to convert to .my files and save to named directory for each DVD title; each .my file contains details about the disc; link to cover art image file; and a SLOT # for the disc in the changer.
5. Load myHTPC; navigate to the media library and select the title desired to play.
6. After selecting title, DScaler is launched and input selected on the all in wonder card for video
7. Additionally, an event is sent to Girder indicating to start a specific disc, with the payload data including the slot # in the changer
8. Girder script is run to send the correct IR commands out of the USB-UIRT to power on DVD changer, select correct disc, and start playing.

Some of the benifits I would expect to get out of migrating this to Media Portal would be not needing to deal with dscaler as a seperate running application. I would think I could use the existing girder control capability to tell MP to switch to TV mode and then select the correct video input.
Additionally, some additional control capability for stopping and navigating the disc would be also interesting.

Do you think this is possible?
Any comments appreciated.

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Will MYDVD's still be developed? Will it be available for MP 0.2.0?
And I saw I Q here with no "real" answer; why is mydvd not supported by the MP developers?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi freezer,
Is it possible to get the sources of your plugin ?
I would like to study it and try to work with MP 2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom