MyFilms Mod: Adds Titles as folders, position memory & half stars (1 Viewer)

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do some enhancements for DVDProfiler compatibility as dukus start in that way...

Does this mean you are going to add support for DVDProfiler as well as AntDb?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    I do some enhancements for DVDProfiler compatibility as dukus start in that way...

Does this mean you are going to add support for DVDProfiler as well as AntDb?
    YES I work on it... but there were some differencies :
    with ANT, you work on the same database in MP and ANT, with DVDP, you have to export your database in xml format each time you do enhancements on your movie collections...
    Some items of the DVDP database aren't exported in the xml file (rating for example...) and it's remain a problem to identify in which item field we can store the movie file information in the DVDP DB for launching the movie thru MP...
    But it should work soon ;-))

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Q: Reverts to default view when you re-enter MyFilms so will not restore to last pos if using different view when exiting plugin.

A:It was asked by users who have little childrens : return in their specific view (selection of cartoons...). But your modifications work as you return for each configuration in the last position!

- OK I tried selecting none of them as default. However when you enter the plugin you are THEN prompted to select one of the views. Perhaps if when there is no default view it could auto-selects the last view without prompting it would be better. It seems weird to get prompts when you very first enter a plug. If that is OK with you I will mod it thus?

Q: Any plans to implement the view functionality like the other plugins (list, icons, big icons, film view)

A: It should be nice if you can work on it...

- Well I did try before and spent about 16+ hours trawling through the MP code, I'd got close but the GUIFacadeControl you have to use instead of the ListControl wouldn't respond properly for me in MyFilms. I was following how it worked in other plugs but still no joy. I thought it would only take a few hours but was a lot harder than I anticipated. I've since lost the code and the skin :( so dunno if I have the energy or time to try again. It does irk me though that I was beaten by the code so I may do one day. If I could have asked a few ques of the MyVideos/MyMusic plug guys it would have been a lot easier.

Q: I thought in config if should assume same folder as ant.xml for pics if no pics folder is specified, as ANT does.

A: Actually, the picture folder is by default filled with the same folder as the xml file... Is't not sufficient ?

- Ahh I must have deleted it when creating different views in which case if blank it fails. I can update so a blank uses same folder as xml file that if that's OK?

Incidentally when you type in a new view name it clears all the fields. It would be a lot easier if it left them intact as often you only wish to change a few of them for different views.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Q: Reverts to default view when you re-enter MyFilms so will not restore to last pos if using different view when exiting plugin.

A:It was asked by users who have little childrens : return in their specific view (selection of cartoons...). But your modifications work as you return for each configuration in the last position!

- OK I tried selecting none of them as default. However when you enter the plugin you are THEN prompted to select one of the views. Perhaps if when there is no default view it could auto-selects the last view without prompting it would be better. It seems weird to get prompts when you very first enter a plug. If that is OK with you I will mod it thus?
    Done in SVN 260. If you leave by 'H' Key press, Current Config is leave as defined. So next return goes to the last position if no default config defined. If you leave by ESC key press, Current config is reset to blank so next return gives the Config Choice Menu is that case (of course if no default...)
    Q: I thought in config if should assume same folder as ant.xml for pics if no pics folder is specified, as ANT does.

A: Actually, the picture folder is by default filled with the same folder as the xml file... Is't not sufficient ?

- Ahh I must have deleted it when creating different views in which case if blank it fails. I can update so a blank uses same folder as xml file that if that's OK?
    Oups I forgot that point in the SVN 260... so you can add it if you want.

Incidentally when you type in a new view name it clears all the fields. It would be a lot easier if it left them intact as often you only wish to change a few of them for different views.
    Done in 260

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Done in SVN 260. If you leave by 'H' Key press, Current Config is leave as defined. So next return goes to the last position if no default config defined. If you leave by ESC key press, Current config is reset to blank so next return gives the Config Choice Menu is that case (of course if no default...)
    Hmmm that's a bit confusing working one way for H and different for Esc. Personally I don't like to be prompted in a TV app at all unless I initiate it by pressing the menu button, it doesn't feel right. I thought if you set a default view in config it would always begin there, if you didn't it wouldn't.

BTW there's a few bugs
    - If you select the view with default checked, then select a diff view, the default check isn't cleared.
    - When you press the switch view button the menu has the word menu twice
    - I tried switching between views and sometimes now it doesn't remember where it is and just dumps you back to the folder root. If you actually go into the Detail screen then back it does remember. I checked and this was same when I fixed it so it needs a tweak

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hmmm that's a bit confusing working one way for H and different for Esc. Personally I don't like to be prompted in a TV app at all unless I initiate it by pressing the menu button, it doesn't feel right. I thought if you set a default view in config it would always begin there, if you didn't it wouldn't.

BTW there's a few bugs
    - If you select the view with default checked, then select a diff view, the default check isn't cleared.
    - When you press the switch view button the menu has the word menu twice
    - I tried switching between views and sometimes now it doesn't remember where it is and just dumps you back to the folder root
    There is no confusion on my point of view between 'H' and ESC :
    - H return directly to the Home Menu
    - ESC to the previous one
    In the two cases you return to the last position you were when you quit the plug.

The bug in setup for default view is corrected.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    OK, what I thought though is if you press esc to exit plug, when you re-enter why does it not remember the view it was last on? (unless one has been set as a default to always override it) Currently it remembers where you were in all instances unless you press Esc. Prompting every time you enter a plug is not usual for a mp plug or tv app, too many button presses

BTW when you enter plug and that view menu pops up if you press Esc you get an invalid xml file and it jumps out of the plugin

Also when you delete a view in config its name is still in listbox and it still exists, despite now being empty, so when yiou run MP, it still appears and you get same as above if you select it. I had to edit xml file to kill it. I edited it to only have one entry, but then I am prompted with the menu to select from 1 item every time I enter the plug (if exit using escape). I realise that if there is a single entry you force default on in config which prevents this. Though if there is no default entry no view is selected when you enter config it's just blank. I would imagine most users would expect to simply be placed exactly where they were last time when they re-enter, as the other mp plugs do.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    OK, what I thought though is if you press esc to exit plug, when you re-enter why does it not remember the view it was last on? (unless one has been set as a default to always override it) Currently it remembers where you were in all instances unless you press Esc. Prompting every time you enter a plug is not usual for a mp plug or tv app, too many button presses
    OK I think I understand what you mean. You prefer that when exiting the plug by esc key press, the current config value isn't cleared, so next re-enter return in that config without the Choice Menu Config. That's right ? So after the first entry, the only mean to have the choice menu config is to select it by the Change View button ? Right ?
    BTW when you enter plug and that view menu pops up if you press Esc you get an invalid xml file and it jumps out of the plugin

Also when you delete a view in config its name is still in listbox and it still exists, despite now being empty, so when yiou run MP, it still appears and you get same as above if you select it. I had to edit xml file to kill it. I edited it to only have one entry, but then I am prompted with the menu to select from 1 item every time I enter the plug (if exit using escape). I realise that if there is a single entry you force default on in config which prevents this. I would imagine most users would wanna be placed exactly where they were last time when they re-enter, as the other mp plugs do.
    OK I'll correct it. Thanks

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Yer I commented out just the lines added in the second green block here:-

http://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.n...unk/plugins/MyFilms/MesFilms.cs?r1=229&r2=260

and then it works nice n' slick

Also adding a
    save_config_values();
    before
    line1386 mydivx.Clear();
    (1386 is relevant to current svn code here http://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.n.../MyFilms/MesFilms.cs?revision=260&view=markup )

That sorts out storing the current positional & other settings when they switch view as currently they aren't being saved, I forgot before oops! Tested this end and working good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom