MyLyrics 1.35 released (26th August 2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Not quite. The lyrics engine is multithreaded and handles six songs at a time. To be more specific about which file that is causing the problem (if any), I can make you a new version where the number of simultanous searches can be changed in the configuration from 6 to any positive int. I'll post it here when it is done.

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The lyrics engine is multithreaded and handles six songs at a time
    Of course, that makes sense! And that explains why i get some times different logs...

I can make you a new version where the number of simultanous searches can be changed in the configuration from 6 to any positive int. I'll post it here when it is done.
    For one more time THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!:D

Which programing language are you using to write that plugin? And which file is the relevant one for the configuration - the MyLyrics.dll?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am using C#, which is the official selected MP language and properly used by most plugin developers.

If you are familiar with programming, have Visual Studio 2008 or Expressed installed, you could with advantage download the source from the plugin repository and run the application in debug with your settings. Then you would quite easily could see which exception that is causing the problem. :) But if you are new to this field, it would most likely be a too large task.

And this MyLyrics.dll is the primary assembly that holds all MP related code, while lyricsengine.dll is the helper assembly.

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm familiar with programing. I'm using VS for a long time. I'm not using C# but VB.net because for me the vb code is "nicer" then the C# ;). But I can handle C#, too. Where can I find the plugin repository? Do you have a SVN-addy?

On the other hand i have no VS installed on the machine MP is running (thats only a HTPC). And I have absolutely no idea how to start the MyLyrics project...

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The SVN repository for MyLyrics is located at: https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/MyLyrics
    Feel free to have a look and join in! :)

To ease things a bit I have made a new version of version af mylyrics.dll that have an extended logsystem and also exception handling around the batch worker process. When an exception occur inside the worker process, the exception should be caught and the message, stacktrace and source is written to the batch-log. If an innerexpeption exists the same info for the inner exception is written to the log.

Two version of lyrics.dll is uploaded. One with multithreaded search (6 lyrics at a time), and one singlethreaded which makes the batch-log a bit more readable. The multithreaded version is named "MyLyrics_with_exception_handling_MT"

I hope this gives us more info.

Note: Only users that experience a crash when searching should consider using these dll's.

Attachments

• MyLyrics_with_exception_handling.zip
      30.7 KB
    • MyLyrics_with_exception_handling_MT.zip
      30.7 KB

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, i've used the single thread MyLyrics.dll for a batch search. After some time the search crashed in the same manner like before. The log doesn't look very spectacular. Every search process seem to be completed in that manner:

30.06.2009 21:48:59 Starting looking for [Hip-Hop] - Track 13.
    30.06.2009 21:50:24 No match found to [hip-hop] - Track 13.

The above to lines are the last two from my log. Some less files have a match but i guess that's uninteresting.
    What i wonder is why in the first line the H of "Hip-Hop" is big and in the second one it is small. Normally it should be the same value.
    And the second thing i wonder is, that i cannot find the file "[Hip-Hop] - Track 13" in my music folder. I would say perhaps the unhandled exception could be a file not found exception but then i shouldn't get the above second line, do i?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Chris,
    Don't mind the mishmash of capital letters for the artist - it is just prints and not related to the crash. There is most likely a file in your MP music DB that has a wrongly typed tag with artist equal [Hip Hop] and title equal "Track 13". Or at least there had been when you created the music DB inside MP configuration.

As I have wrapped exception handling all around the routine that performs the batch search, and you still get a crash with no exceptions properties written to the log, I believe that we can conclude that it isn't MyLyrics that crashed but either MP or a system error. As I now look closer at the exception window you sent in a previous post, I see that it is indeed kernel32.dll that encounters a problem. The problem is likely triggered by MyLyrics, but since it is kernel32.dll that throws the exception I makes things really difficult to find a solution. I have searched the Net for reports with the same type of error, and there are a lot of them. But they don't say much and differs a lot and no real solutions have been given.

I have no clue what might cause your crash. It might somehow be related to your OS (Windows Server 2008), a minor fault in your Windows or MP installation, a memory leak within MyLyrics that for one reason or another occur on your system and pulls the kernel32.dll down, or something compleate. I'll try to search the issue a bit further, but doubt that I can find a solution to the problem. You might check the eventlog after a crash, and see if that gives or more information.

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mackey,
    i didn't analysed the error on detail, too. But you're right. The error is related on the KERNEL32.dll. I've just lookded in the system logs. Every crash is listed up, but doesn't give helpful informations, at least for me.
    If you can read german here the log msg:

Fehlerhafte Anwendung Configuration.exe, Version 1.0.2.22555, Zeitstempel 0x4a04b3c8, fehlerhaftes Modul KERNEL32.dll, Version 6.0.6001.18215, Zeitstempel 0x4995344f, Ausnahmecode 0xe0434f4d, Fehleroffset 0x0002f328, Prozess-ID 0x184c, Anwendungsstartzeit 01c9f9b97b33d739.

As you can read (or not ;)) the version number of my Kernel32.dll is 6.0.6001.18215. Can you tell me which one you have? I'm asking because i've just looked on my other machine (vista business) and the version number is higher (6.0.6002.18005) than that one from Server 2008. As far as i know vista and server 2008 should have the same kernel. So why do i have an older version of kernel on my Server 2008 machine then on my Vista business machine? On both systems the auto update option is enabled. If you have a newer version, too, it guess i'll replace the old one with the new one. Perhaps it works... and perhaps i'll crash my system ;)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think you better leave kernel32.dll alone and don't replace it with the version from Vista. That would most likely crash you entire system, and we certainly don't want that. :)

I can read most German (but really don't know how to tackly your gramma though. "kannst du nicht dein akkusativ, dann bist du wirklich dumm" is a sentence that still haunts me in my dreams;)) but you are right the log doesn't say that much.

As a last thing, if you send me your MP music DB I will try to make a batch search on that. Who know, it might be related to a corrupt music DB file and I might get the same error as you. If not I can complete the search and return a pair of lyrics database to you.

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just updated my Server2008 with SP2 and now i've got the same kernel version as on the other vista machine. As i told you ... Server 2008 and Vista have the same kernel. Anyway i just started a new batch search in the hope this time it wouldn't crash. And indeed the search window doesn't crash any longer. But it hangs now ;)! The elapsed time is counting up so it's not a dead lock, but there doesn't seem to be any further activity. I've waited about 5 mintues and the "last activity" label didn't change. It looks like somhow the threads jumped out ;)! The log file confirms that.

Thank you for your offer. Here is the music-db. I'll write you the pw for the archive in a pm.

----------------------------

I've just stoped the search and resumed it. After some time there occurs the same unhandled crash of MP. The log terminates with the same two lines as in my previous post. So the kernel version was definetly not the problem ;)

Attachments

• MusicDatabaseV10.rar
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom