MyLyrics 1.35 released (26th August 2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Great work Mackey.... Loving the last.fm support from your last update.. Will test ASAP

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey mackey, great job you are doing on this plugin. Thanks!

Didn't the album art image (id 112) used to cycle to artist images like on the Now Playing Screen? Since version 1.33 it isn't.

Also, Is there any chance of supporting the #Play.Current.Thumb and #Play.Next.Thumb tags? It would be nice to add the #Play.Next.Thumb to the up next info. Oddly it does display in the Editor Screen but not any other screen! I want to use the #Play.Current.Thumb tag to access my exisitng artist images for backdrops. Yeah, I can use fanart, but who has time to get fanart for 2500 artists? I used AudioScrobbler to get images for most of my artists. Often these artist images are closer to widescreen so they look good as backdrops. You can see what I am going for in the attached screenshot - the box on the lower left is for the #Play.Next.Thumb. The background is from the thumbs artist images, but I had to link it directly with a tag: <texture>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\#Play.Current.ArtistL.jpg</texture> which won't work for XP users, of course.

One other suggestion, would it be easy/possible to enable buttons for the keys (w e p f s)? Then I can add a sliding menu so you don't have to spoil the mood searching for the # key on the remote in the dark ;)

EDIT: One more thing :) when the tracks/playlist is finished can MyLyrics revert to the previous screen/playlist when finished like Now Playing does?
    Hi Dadeo ,

Yup, you are right that the plugin used to cycle between artist and album image. when the support for streams was enabled in version 1.31 (or so) I had to refactor the code displaying the images. Something might have slipped there - I'll look into it.

I don't have much experience with the metioned tags. I believe that it would be possible and I will look into it prior to the next release. I'll contact you if I need more information. Great idea with the backdrop artist support. The screenshot looks very good and I'll would love to see that same possible in e.g. StreamedMP with I uses. Have a 16:9 LCD, so cannot use aMPed which looks really cool! Also, great album that one from Beth Orton - it is one of my fav famale singer'n'songwriter albums! :)

I'll consider your last request as well. thanks for your comments

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ;)Toggle LRC mode in lyric mode in shoutcast, doesn't work.
    Great job Mackey

StreamedMP xml

Thanks for the xml. I don't know what you have changed, but thanks anyway ;) I'll include it in the next release.

And yes, the LRC modes is disabled for shoutcase and last.fm streams. that is intentional.

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    It's "my"problem, i get the LRC lyric but the current playtime not quite correct and i can't switch to basic mode.:(

:D Losttown

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It's "my"problem, i get the LRC lyric but the current playtime not quite correct and i can't switch to basic mode.:(

:D Losttown

Just press 'F' and a new plain lyric should be presented to you. The 'F' key cycles between a LRC and a plain lyriic. I hope this helps.

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Yes, it's true but the F key dosen't work in Shoutcast and webstreams!

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks yoavain!

I've included the support for Lyrics Plugin in the 1.33 release which will be ready for download shortly. I've optimized a few of the other supported sites and removed Seeklyrics.com which do longer has a valid database.

cheers,
    mackey

Hi Mackey,

I saw that the patch file i sent you did not pass some stuff because of charset encoding. I've change LyricsPluginSite.cs to use unicode.

Attached...

Yoav

Attachments

• MyLyrics fix LyricsPlugin unicode (using SVN3031).patch
      30.8 KB

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey a bit off topic I know. But I was wondering, I love where this plug in is going but has there been any though in adding band bio information from last.fm's extensive database..

I guess this would be a plug-in in it's self but it would be nice to have it under the one roof, especially now that last.fm radio and shoutcast work with this plugin.

Just think, mixing that with lyrics, fanart etc... Good times :)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey a bit off topic I know. But I was wondering, I love where this plug in is going but has there been any though in adding band bio information from last.fm's extensive database..

I guess this would be a plug-in in it's self but it would be nice to have it under the one roof, especially now that last.fm radio and shoutcast work with this plugin.

Just think, mixing that with lyrics, fanart etc... Good times :)
    Sounds like a feature that should be incorporated into MyMusic rather than MyLyrics. And it kinda already is! :) Just press 'F3' on the item you want information about. This could be an artist name, album, song etc. Cannot remember which database is used though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom