MyLyrics 1.35 released (26th August 2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Chris, Thanks for the copy. It helped me quite a bit, and I'm glad to say that I finally found the problem causing your crash. :)

Some parts of the lyrics engine had trouble dealing with artists names starting with special chars like e.g. a bracket '['. As you might remember you had an entry in your music db with the artist "[Hip Hop]" and it basically that entry causing the lyricengine assembly and accordingly MP configuration to crash. The crash had apparently some negative impact on the kernel32.dll, which can look rather strange (at least to me).

But the bottomline is that I believe to have found the error and made a fix. With the fix I have searched your complete database without any further issues, so I expect that you can do the same. I have compiled a new version, 1.32, of MyLyrics, and requested it to be uploaded to the MP plugin repository. When it is online and you have giving it a try and hopefully stated that the problem is solved, then please let me know.

thanks again,
    mackey

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mackey,

congratulations!!!!!!! You did it!! :D
    I've just completed a full batch search without a crash. For one more time THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your effort!!!!

Once I thought about the crash could be caused by the "[". But didn't mention it because in a lover version you fixed a problem with untypical characters. Anyway, finally you got it.

Now i was able to test your plugin in MP and the most funny thing is, after the whole "fight" it's not that plugin i expected. :D
    Don't missunderstand me, your plugin is great and i can take advantage of it (i often wanted to know the song text of some songs), but i thought that plugin would be something like the MP-Music section where i can select the song and beeing able to see some informations and the cover/interpret. I expected something like MovingPictures/TVSeries not for movie files but music files.
    Probably you've seen, my music folder is completely unsorted. A lot of music files i even don't know. The MP music section doesn't show the correct cover art for the recognized titles. I've tested your plugin and for the files i've played the correct song text was shown. But the cover art was wrong. I cannot understand why the MP music search messes this up. Obviously it recognized the correct interpret and song name. Another thing i don't like in the MP music section is that you're browsing through your directories. And there are shown the filenames instead of song names.
    You don't know such a plugin, do you? If not, I can suggest you some great features for MyLyrics2 ;)!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    _Chris_

This is a bit OT, but you can do almost everything you want with mp:

use a database view instead of the share view:

Howto: UsingMyMusic - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

-----------
    delete anything that is called folder.jpg in your music collection. It is hard to get rid of those as many music player add these files without notifying you.
    -----------
    use last.fm plugin and autoscrobbler plugin to do a batch search for cover-art and artist art. (This is in MP configuration.
    -----------
    use F3 (might be i on the remote) to get band infos
    -----------
    maybe use MPTagThat if you want to improve the tagging of your songs.

tomtom

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yup, as tomtom21000 stated you can already do all of the things you request in MyMusic. You just have to play around a bit and you will quickly come around it.

A cover search in Audioscrobbler finds a huge range of album covers, but these are also retrieved by the information that you give to it, and since your tags aren't that organised I understand why you don't get good results. Note that MyLyrics only uses the artist and title strings for the tag, while too retrieve a cover art for a song the album string also has to be correct. Else MyMusic natural don't know which album to show.

If you follow tomtom21000s instruction you will give MyMusic (and MyLyrics) better input and accordingly also retrieve better output.

_Chris_

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey mackey and tomtom,

you're right... Should have studied myMusic a little more intensive. It's really possible to setup almost all i need. And mackey, it's pretty nice to be able to jump directly from the playing title to MyLyrics and back... But one thing -and this is the biggest one- is still unsatisfactorily. And that's my disorganized music folder. The most of the songs are too old and have no id3 tag informations (?). Additional the grabber for myMusic searches only for the tag information "album". I think it would have been better to search first for "album" and if there is no entry to search for "artist". The only thing i still want is to get a correct picture for a music file, however it's the album cover or a simple picture recorded from that artist in the vide clip. But i guess this is not easily possible.
    I've just found a but in myMusic (guess). 3 Songs from Rihanna, Christina Millian and Akon. All have the same picture (a picture form rihanas album). Isn't that strange? Then after clicking on the (for me new found feature) "show album/artist info" in the context menu of a song, it appears a list where i can coose the correct album. After that i get the correct informations for the 3 songs... BUT the picture remains (that one from rihanas album). Only after hitting on "Refresh" i get the correct picture...

tomtom, youre right all this is OT. Mackey if you want i could open a new thread...

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, I think it would be better if your created a thread for your questions/issues in the proper forum subsection. I'm sure you will get better answers there than in this thread.

cheers
    mackey

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hebrew support patch via www.lyricsplugin.com

Hi Mackey,

As I promised, here is the patch that adds support to Lyrics Plugin
    Tested it last night (after clearing my entire lyrics database) on a very large music database.

It's based on latest SVN (rev. #3027) from /plugins/MyLyrics folder.

I'm sure people in Israel will be very happy to see that Hebrew lyrics can now be supported :)

Yoav
    :D

Attachments

• MyLyrics add LyricsPluginCom (using SVN3027).patch
      30.8 KB

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks yoavain!

I've included the support for Lyrics Plugin in the 1.33 release which will be ready for download shortly. I've optimized a few of the other supported sites and removed Seeklyrics.com which do longer has a valid database.

cheers,
    mackey

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey mackey, great job you are doing on this plugin. Thanks!

Didn't the album art image (id 112) used to cycle to artist images like on the Now Playing Screen? Since version 1.33 it isn't.

Also, Is there any chance of supporting the #Play.Current.Thumb and #Play.Next.Thumb tags? It would be nice to add the #Play.Next.Thumb to the up next info. Oddly it does display in the Editor Screen but not any other screen! I want to use the #Play.Current.Thumb tag to access my exisitng artist images for backdrops. Yeah, I can use fanart, but who has time to get fanart for 2500 artists? I used AudioScrobbler to get images for most of my artists. Often these artist images are closer to widescreen so they look good as backdrops. You can see what I am going for in the attached screenshot - the box on the lower left is for the #Play.Next.Thumb. The background is from the thumbs artist images, but I had to link it directly with a tag: <texture>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists\#Play.Current.ArtistL.jpg</texture> which won't work for XP users, of course.

One other suggestion, would it be easy/possible to enable buttons for the keys (w e p f s)? Then I can add a sliding menu so you don't have to spoil the mood searching for the # key on the remote in the dark ;)

EDIT: One more thing :) when the tracks/playlist is finished can MyLyrics revert to the previous screen/playlist when finished like Now Playing does?

Attachments

• MyLyrics.jpg
      MyLyrics.jpg
      73.1 KB

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    ;)Toggle LRC mode in lyric mode in shoutcast, doesn't work.
    Great job Mackey

StreamedMP xml

Attachments

• myLyrics.xml
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom