MyMail plugin (receive eMails within MediaPortal) (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds like a good idea,
    I closed the port from the outside, But I can easily open it when I know you r working on it.

Cya on IRC!! :)

FullMoon

Portal Member
    October 10, 2004
    Ok, I'm a newbie, was able to figure most of this out on my own, but I am stumped when it comes to mymail. I tried in every way to setup the plugin/profile, and I still get nothing.

I am forced to use 0.0.0.9 MP because of some issue with ATI AIW7500. Can you please explain if I need to add the plugin to this version or is it already contained? I turn it on and set my Comcast email (user name and password, mail.comcast.net, left port at 110), but when I click the mail icon nothing happens. Tried the plugin you listed a page or so back, no difference, but not sure where to put the mailgui file.

Thanks

FullMoon

Portal Member
    October 10, 2004
    MrMario64 said:
    the mail plugin is broken in the 0.0.0.9 release.

Well that explains much. is there a way to repair/manually fix the plugin? I cannot upgrade to 0.0.0.10 because of another issue.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    agree, you still alive?

I tried 2 other mailservers and they either wait endlessly with downloading the message or they show the same result.
    They do download the message but message count stays @ 0

I hope you can fix this asap as mymail is currently not working for a lot of servers and mailclients.
    Because of this I also cannot fix the skins so people using other skins are out of luck.

I opened up the pop3 for you again so you can test.

A

Anonymous

Mail-Plugin

MrMario64 said:
    agree, you still alive?

I tried 2 other mailservers and they either wait endlessly with downloading the message or they show the same result.
    They do download the message but message count stays @ 0

I hope you can fix this asap as mymail is currently not working for a lot of servers and mailclients.
    Because of this I also cannot fix the skins so people using other skins are out of luck.

I opened up the pop3 for you again so you can test.

Hi mario!

yes, im alive :)

So, the last weeks, im working 12 h/day and can't do much on MP. But i think, this week i will release version 1.0 for the Mail-Plugin. I made an other engine to get mails from a server, so this should work for any server.when i ready, i send you the changes made on the mce skin to correct and fix up.

So i dont work in the near future that much, i will do some work on getting dvb work on MP. But, i can do DVB-s only, for the moment.

Cu soon :)

greets
    agree

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ahhh,

Good to hear you r still alive and kicking on MP..
    It's just that I get all scary and shit when I don't hear from people anymore..
    :)

Anyway, looking forward to it..

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    Ahhh,

Good to hear you r still alive and kicking on MP..
    It's just that I get all scary and shit when I don't hear from people anymore..
    :)

Anyway, looking forward to it..

Mario:

Please check in the file MediaPortal.xml if the Password(s) for your Mail-Boxes are right. I have seen in my Configuration it was wrong and getting Messages from the Server hangs. So i corrected (manually in the current Version) and it was ok to getting messages from your server.

So check this out and tell me please...

cu

greets
    agree

A

Anonymous

Update (source only!) is on Sourceforge

The are updates on Sourceforge for div. Bugfixes for the Mail-Plugin.

So start up your compiler :)

greets
    agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom