MyMusic: Thumbnail/visulization remains when changing to a video (1 Viewer)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: RC4 + latest svn
MediaPortal Version: RC4 + latest svn
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium sp1
CPU Type: Intel E6400 2.13GHz
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: MSI 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 178.24
Sound Card: SigmaTel
Sound Card AC3: spdif
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.2.N (beta)
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital Sweden
HTPC Case: Sony VGX-XL302
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: LG 42PC1RR
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

If I enter MyMusic and start to play a mp3, the thumbnail/visulization is shown in the lower left corner. If I then choose a video, also in MyMusic, the video is shown fullscreen with the thumbnail/visulization still running on top in the corner. Pressing stop does stop the video, but the thumbnail/visulization is shown until I start another mp3 and stop this.

At the moment I use the Milkdrop visulization, but I first saw this with visulization set to 'none'.

Last edited:

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I have something similar, but with "My Video", not "My Music"... I tried to reproduce the problem with "My Music" like you described it above but I can't. In "My Video", when I watch a video and then exit, the thumbnail in the bottom left corner appear, if I stop the video it becomes black but doesn't disappear. It stays all the time, I have to restart MP to make it gone away.
I didn't have this before RC4 and BlueWide3.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello,
I have something similar, but with "My Video", not "My Music"... I tried to reproduce the problem with "My Music" like you described it above but I can't. In "My Video", when I watch a video and then exit, the thumbnail in the bottom left corner appear, if I stop the video it becomes black but doesn't disappear. It stays all the time, I have to restart MP to make it gone away.
I didn't have this before RC4 and BlueWide3.

I just tried that with an avi, and here the preview disappeared as it should.

I just found something else, perhaps related to my original problem.

I start playing an mp3, and visulization appears in the corner. If I now enter TV/TV-guide and pick a program, instead of TV I get full screen visulization. To watch TV I either have to first stop the mp3 and then pick a show from the epg or choose TV/Turn on TV (translated from swedish) which fades the music out and starts TV.

This happens both with milkdrop and alchemy. The attached logs are captured using the latter.

Last edited:

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't have that problem, neither with a mounted iso nor a physical dvd.

Last edited:

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I just noticed that if I change to vmr9, the problem seems to go away. Back to evr and it's there again.

Last edited:

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Same thing for me, with VMR9 no problem, with EVR problem!
As I had the problem with DVD files only and not AVI I searched the differences and I found that ffdshow automatically start for AVI files (which is ok as I defined a profile for that) but not for DVD files. I created then a profile in ffdshow for DVD files and now the problem has disappeared (with EVR of course).
I don't know if this can help you as you have the problem in My Music.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    By any change have you added video extensions to the supported music formats? If yes then please remove those as its not supported.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    By any change have you added video extensions to the supported music formats? If yes then please remove those as its not supported.

Yes, I have. Hwahrmann told me yesterday on irc that it wasn't supported. I find it a bit illogical to discriminate between music as in only sound and as in videos, but that's more of a feature request.

Removing the video extensions of course solves the problem with switching to a music video (since it's no longer possible), but I still have the problem with changing to TV as mentioned in the third post in this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom