MyMusicVideos Plugin (Yahoo Launch Videos) (1 Viewer)

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
johnes said:
Thanks Greg, working great!

I was wondering how you do this? Can you give us some details?

Theres lots of websites with lots of streaming content. It would be nice to grab those links and organize them automaticly in MP.

Im sure theres some special system on Yahoo but it can help development of similiar plugins.

Br,
Johannes

The plugin parses the yahoo music video site for new videos,top videos and genres. Once a video is selected the plugins looks up the mms url for that video using the yahoo site.

If you need more info, please check out the plugin's source code.

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
Thanks rtv. I will be sending you some more string to input into svn.

This gui property is also necessary for external display plugins if you e.g. use a LCD/VFD Display.
If you have some details on how to do this, please share. I will gladly include it in the next version.

Are you willing to work for fixes if some bugs occur in the future and put a little effort into it?
I don't see why not.

P.S. Could you please relocate the settings file to MP's root dir?
Will do for the next release.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have some details on how to do this, please share. I will gladly include it in the next version.
    Are you present in our irc-channel #mediaportal on efnet sometimes? You could e.g. see how the movie trailer plugin handles stuff.

I don't see why not.
    Great, I'd like to start digging your code next week. Some other devs enjoy your plugin, too. Harley even did a skin file for Project Mayhem 3 after I pointed him to this plugin ;-)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you present in our irc-channel #mediaportal on efnet sometimes? You could e.g. see how the movie trailer plugin handles stuff.

I don't see why not.
    Great, I'd like to start digging your code next week. Some other devs enjoy your plugin, too. Harley even did a skin file for Project Mayhem 3 after I pointed him to this plugin ;-)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, folks the 2nd patch is delayed to the upcoming weekend since there will be some nice additions which need to be tested thoroughly.

ajax103

July 22, 2006
    gregmac45 said:
    keitht74 said:
    I love this plugin. I currently use Meedio and am looking to move over to Media portal fully. In Meedio's music video plugin, the author put an option to send the Yahoo music link to the program Nettransport for download. I'd love to see that option for this plugin....Is this possible? Thanks!
    I don't plan on adding a download feature for legal reasons.
    You can use the "favorites" feature to store links to favorite videos instead.

How do you use the "Favourites" feature anyway, sorry for asking this but I'm new to MediaPortal and I can't see anyway possible to either

A.) Create a playlist of videos
    B.) Create a favourites list of videos

Anyway, this plugin is perfect as it does exactly what I was looking for :wink:

Thanks

vibez

Portal Member
    June 30, 2006
    Any chance of restoring the country and bitrate option to the GUI? I find it really handy to switch countries when I cant find an particular artist in the default country and also I like to change bitrate depending on if I am already downloading things in the background

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom