MyMusicVideos Plugin (Yahoo Launch Videos) | Page 7

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by gregmac45, June 27, 2006.

1. smnnekho
    • Team MediaPortal

smnnekho Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    hey,

yesterday i searched for "live" because i wanted to see some live-acts. to my surprise they were not just the 2 normal pages but several more (many many more) because on the left side i could click on the "next page" and "previous page" button which are usually not there (when searching, they are of couse theyre @ top videos etc.) . i hevily tried to reproduce that, but i never got those "next page" controls for a search again.... any ideas?

edit: nevermind, i figured it out (-;

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mr.t

mr.t Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hallo, nice work!

But, I have Problems to get the plugin displayed right.

Here is a screenshot: http://mindware-freilinger.de/test/mp_musicvids.JPG

Dont know what went wrong. Perhaps my unusual resolution is the problem. I use 1360*768px. Other plugins run fine with this setup. Is there anything i can do to make it work with my res.
    Perhaps, its my stupidness wich is preventing the plugin from display right?

4. baloubic

baloubic Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, I had the same problem.

Dont know how to fix it, so I bypassed it instead; Heres how:

The plugins mymusicvideos.xml calls a background.png image from within your current skins media directory. However, it doesn't upscale the image from its default 720x576 something size.

I simply made a copy of the background.png file, opened it in photoshop, resized it to my resolution (1368x768), and saved it as background2.png.

Then I changed background.png to background2.png in the plugin's xml file. (Replace the line <texture>background.png</texture> with <texture>background2.png</texture>)

Solved ;)

5. mr.t

mr.t Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks baloubic

6. ydewuwant2no

ydewuwant2no New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi, i wanted to know if there is a way to search yahoo (or any other site) using this plugin for regular music and not only music videos

btw this is a great plugin, good work and thank you

7. gregmac45

gregmac45 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    To fix the Spanish videos goto .../MediaPortal/MusicVideoSettings.xml and change the id for spain from "sp" to "es".

8. Piruelo

Piruelo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!!!

9. dipunm

dipunm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    HELLLLP

Great plugin... I use it alot. My main problem is that i want to ise it as a sort of on demant music channel but its not fully supported in mp... mayb i have done something wronng but theres no osd (which i dont REALLY care about) i cant change aspect ratio and i dont think it supports the vmr9 thing... the last 2 i NEED

can anyone tell me why these arent supported (im guessing cos it doesnt use vmr9) and how i can fix this or whether its fixable/will be fixed

10. gregmac45

gregmac45 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Re: HELLLLP

These features are in the svn version.

11. ender
    • Team MediaPortal

ender Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Search enhancements

+100 on the plugin :)

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to make the searching a bit better. Right now you have to type the exact string/name of the artist or it won't show anything. It would be nice to be able to search using only part of the name like:

"gnarls" instead of "gnarls barkley" or
    "royks" instead of "royksopp"

That would save me a lot of cumbersome struggle with that on-screen keyboard ;-)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!