myPrograms: some news and updated wiki-documentation (1 Viewer)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi folks,

I've reworked the myPrograms documentation and replaced some old screenshots:

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:myprograms

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:myprograms#program_configuration

There are also a bunch of bugfixes for the plugin setup part that will be available in the next version!

I hope this makes myPrograms a bit easier to use, otherwise just ask!
I think the FAVOURITES handling makes huge game-lists much easier to handle.... and the import / testing functions in the SETUP part are a real timesaver, so check it out! :)

Cheers,

Daniel

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
.... and one new feature that will be available in the next release:

Code:
* PROFILES for many emulators available:
You can fill the not-so-obvious detail screens with one single menu-item.
Arguments and detail settings are set automatically and all you need to do is to adjust some paths to the emulator-files.

I've written profiles for all emulators described in WIKI. If you miss your favourite emulator (or any other application), write me and I will try to extend the profiles library.

Regards,

Daniel

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Daniel,

first i like to say thanks for your great work.

I was happy to read your plans for the next release. I hope it is possible to make a Profile for the Visual Boy Advance (an Gameboy-Advance Emulator). The homepage is http://vba.ngemu.com/

Or is there something like a profil and i coudn´t find (because i did not search well enough?)

Best regards
merci

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi merci,

Yes, vba works with the current release already.

I've added VisualBoyAdvance to wiki, here are the settings:

Game Boy Advance: Visual Boy Advance
Title: Visual Boy Advance
Launching Application: <vba_directory>\VisualBoyAdvance.exe
Arguments: <none>
Window-Style: Minimized
Startup Directory: <none>
Quotes around Filenames: YES
Startup using ShellExecute: YES
File Directory: <vba_directory>\roms
Image Directory: <vba_directory>\imgs
File-Extensions: .gba
Remarks:
Startup VisualBoyAdvance first, setup for fullscreen use and quit.
This will leave a “vba.ini” file in the vba-directory.
I had to change “autoHideMenu=1” manually because I didn’t find this in the menus.
Links: http://vba.ngemu.com

(see wiki for details: http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/plugins:myprograms )

I've also added this to the profiles library - profiles will be ready in the next release.

Enjoy,

Daniel

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Daniel,

I was wondering if you could expand the functionality of your plugin to acomplish one additional task.

Some time ago I talked with Mario and Frodo about extending the possibilities for using an external media player. In the end it was clear and totally understandable that they wanted to make the integrated one as powerfull and usefull as it could be. But I still have situations (and movie clips) where I need to use my ZoomPlayer Pro. I know that one primary goal of MP is to keep things simple as possible and ZP on the other hand is all about being as flexible as one wishes.

So I have setup a "directory browse child" in "my Programs" which displays my movie folder. I almost mimics the "my movies" part of MP except for one big missing. That is to stack files in one folder which belong together.

That's where my wish comes in. Would it anyhow be possible for you to copy this feature (stacking of files) and extending the arguments part of "my Programs" to split the different files with some pre- and post-characters?

At the moment I use this argument line:
Code:
/F /PLAY /Q "/key:C:\Programme\Zoom Player\mediaportal.key"

But what would be needed should have an option to surround the selected files so that finally a command line like this would be generated:
Code:
C:\Programme\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe /F /PLAY /Q "/key:C:\Programme\Zoom Player\mediaportal.key" "/QUEUE:d:\movies\movie xyz\movie xyz - cd1.avi" "/QUEUE:d:\movies\movie xyz\movie xyz - cd2.avi"

I know I'm asking a lot. Hopefully this logic could be used for different kind of programs and not only for this special case.

Would be nice if you could share your thoughts about this request.

Patric

BTW: really great work you are doing (and all the others)!

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi Patric,

Thanks for the nice words!

Yeah, I've used the zoomplayer a lot back in those days when I was running myHTPC!

Code:
C:\Programme\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe /F /PLAY /Q "/key:C:\Programme\Zoom Player\mediaportal.key" "/QUEUE:d:\movies\movie xyz\movie xyz - cd1.avi" "/QUEUE:d:\movies\movie xyz\movie xyz - cd2.avi"

The only problem I see is to find an easy way to select a bunch of files and pass it as a parameter. I currently don't have MP here so I cannot check how it's done in myVideos.
This should be the only problem - maybe it's also a problem that MP is "sleeping" while the launched program runs (this means no redraw etc).
But as long as ZP gets the fullscreen this will be cool (and better because MP wont waste CPU...)

I will peek in the code and try to add the option to myPrograms.
But right now I have no idea how difficult this is to add - for this I need to return home to have the MP sources :)

So stay tuned......

Regards,

Daniel

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
waeberd said:
Hi Patric,

Thanks for the nice words!

Yeah, I've used the zoomplayer a lot back in those days when I was running myHTPC!

Well, at least that means you know what I'm talking about :)

waeberd said:
This should be the only problem - maybe it's also a problem that MP is "sleeping" while the launched program runs (this means no redraw etc).
But as long as ZP gets the fullscreen this will be cool (and better because MP wont waste CPU...)

Hmm, for me it runs absolutly smooth at the moment being able to select only one file at a time. The only drawback is that one can't use the extended features MP offers (OSD, IMDB info...) but that doesn't really matter when being able to play the files as wanted :)

waeberd said:
So stay tuned......

I definatly will! For now I have some time to tweak my ZP keyboard-mapping to accommodate the MP keys.

Bye,

Patric

dogboy

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
Daniel

Love the plugin, great work.

I have been messing around with a few emulators and roms but have not been able to get any of them to work via remote control with Girder keyboard commands and targeting.

Have you had any luck with this?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom