MyRolodex (2 Viewers)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I hadn't seen those other plugins so I had decided to make my own. Also I really had wanted to start developing MP plugins, and this is my first. Once this plugin is perfect I have two other plugins I would like to start working on. I think in order to help people out I am ditching the hotmail download and will finish the Yahoo, Gmail, outlook, and look into thunderbird. Hotmail API is setup for web-site authentication and doesn't work well with applications. I'll try and release something within the next couple weeks to allow for contact imports.

I saw that the guy that did my contacts posted his code on the google pages and thought it might help you but I no nothing about coding. I did some basic on my Atari 800XL 20 years ago that's about it.
    Looking forward to a new release I have my skin ready.

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like that screen layout stdly if you send me the media and xml file I can incorporate it into the next version.

Just an update the GMail download is done I changed the zip code to allow 6 digits. It shouldn't take to long to get the yahoo, outlook, and possibly thunderbird. Hotmail will still be awhile probably not this next release. Hopefully can have something together by the next couple weeks. It is taking longer then I had hoped because my 5 month old daughter isn't sleeping well this past week.

Thanks to all for the comments.

LabRatt

Portal Member
    December 5, 2005
    Just a suggestion: even with 6 digits your "zip" code field is too restrictive - here in England the "Post code" is up to seven alphanumeric characters in two groups, eg "SE22 8TE" or "N1 9LA"

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I can take the zip code up to 10 digits to make sure I am covered. People will either have to delete the database and recreate or go into sql management studio and modify the table so that the zip code accepts 10 characters otherwise even after installing the new plugin it would allow 10 characters but would produce a fault becuase the database would only allow 5 digits. I'm still working on the contact imports.

Thanks

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I like that screen layout stdly if you send me the media and xml file I can incorporate it into the next version.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Ya that would not be a problem. It is for BleazleV7 custom and tested on the wrong resolution as I only have MP 1.1.0 RC1 installed on my laptop with MP 1.0.2 is on my main HTPC which MyRolodex will not configure on.

I'm guessing you would need Blue3/Blue3Wide versions. Bleazle was from Blue3wide and probably just some fonts to change and that MP mascot thingy holding a Rolodex to create. I will try to find some MP mascot thingy image I can work with.

What skin are you using?

Just an update the GMail download is done I changed the zip code to allow 6 digits. It shouldn't take to long to get the yahoo, outlook, and possibly thunderbird. Hotmail will still be awhile probably not this next release. Hopefully can have something together by the next couple weeks. It is taking longer then I had hoped because my 5 month old daughter isn't sleeping well this past week.

Good news on the importers.

My kids are all growed up, but I still have vivid memories of those days. :rolleyes:

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I am using Blue3 as my default layout you can just PM me the screen if you have time to put something together. I should have outlook import done today and then just have to work on the yahoo import.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey hardcorehire,

I have not forgotten about you I worked 63 hours last week and already have 34 hours in this week.
    I have a post in the skin section about the mascot thing so I can make an image for Blue3.
    Are you using Blue3 or Blue3 wide? I don't have a 4:3 monitor here but I can borrow one if needed.

Also I wondered how the plugin is going if you need a tester I know someone! :D

I have only entered 8 or so contacts and took a look at this file MyRolodexContacts.mdf and it is 30 MB is this normal and after I import my 467 contacts will this grow accordingly. :eek:

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I am using Blue3 Wide as my skin. You should be able to pull the mascot from the media folder in the skin file. I am pretty close to getting the contact import working. Right now as an update I have Gmail and Outlook Express completely done, and am really trying to finish yahoo before the release 1.1 I am amlost there, but it hasn't been easy the authentication code is very difficult and poorly documented. If I am still struggling after next week I can release without yahoo for those that have Gmail or Outlook.

A little bit about the database, When the database is first created the file size is setup to automatically be 30MB, so even if you have 1 or 20 contacts the file size will more than likely be the same. The database is setup to grow as needed and will grow unlimited to accomodate the storage needs.

Will work my best to wrap this up.

Thanks to all who have provided feedback.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hardcorehire.

Keep in mind I am a tool and die maker not a graphic artist.
    Give these files a try.

Have you ever tried Bleazle?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom