MyRolodex (1 Viewer)

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow I really thought that would have taken care of it. That is the same location my microsoft.office.interop.outlook.dll file is located. I don't know why it isn't finding the file maybe if you haven't added lots of contacts. Try renaming your old database to ContactsOLD delete the plugin fully re-install and try again. Is anyone else having success or failure with the contact import specifically the outlook import? Let me know.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow I really thought that would have taken care of it. That is the same location my microsoft.office.interop.outlook.dll file is located. I don't know why it isn't finding the file maybe if you haven't added lots of contacts. Try renaming your old database to ContactsOLD delete the plugin fully re-install and try again. Is anyone else having success or failure with the contact import specifically the outlook import? Let me know.

I did just that reinstalled the plugin removing the old data base and all related.
    I am back to the original problem with the new release I cannot create a data base that is why I was importing my old one.
    Take a look at the pics. The third pic is the first screen I get then the second then the first and the plugin shuts down and I reopen it and the loop starts over.
    I believe I have not change anything related since using your original version that I created a data base from before and can still load it. :confused:

Steve

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Hardcorehire,

Thank you for creating this plugin. It looks promising. :)

I have a question. Would it be possible to add google calendar in the plugin? I would like to see an online calendar function in MP, which is able to notify me when a birthday is coming up. Add / remove appointments, change views, etc. That would be sweet.
    But how possible is this? Or are there better alternatives for this? I dont know.

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    stdly -- do you have sql server management studio express installed to be able to actually view the database? If you know how to use it could you possibly take a screen shot with it open to show the installed databases and maybe the the tables underneath the database. The procedure would be to open studio management connect to the database with either windows account or (sa, mediaportal) then expand the Database folder in object explorer. At this point I am assuming there should be two databases if you just renamed the old one probably one called MyRolodexContacts and one called MyRolodexContactsOLD or something like that. Then if you expand the MyRolodexContacts folder and expand tables there should be a table called dbo.Contacts. This is the table that the plugin accesses and stores the information. Capture the screen with all this expanded then capture the mediaportal configuration of the plugin so I can see where it it pointing to.

Also if you want you can bring back the old database and try again now that you have a fresh install with the microsoft.office.interop.outlook installed. I really want to get this working for you. I am surprised it is not I keep trying things but I don't have any issues. Also I am very shocked that out of 250 people no one else has anything good or bad to say about the plugin. I am very curious if the outlook or any other contact import has been successful for anyone else.

edterbak -- I have thought about the possibilty of birthday reminders and calendar of somesort I just really wanted to get a base plugin out there and maybe to get input like this to see features people would like to see. I am working on a web-site for my church right now, but I'll try and look into this in my "spare" time and we'll see what I can do. I am sure there will be a version 1.2 or other plugin that utilizes the information in this database. Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom