MyRolodex (4 Viewers)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hardcorehire,

Thanks for the update and hours of coding will give it a try tonight.

I notice on my main machine with 2 day old vista and MP 1.1.0, that MediaPortal is using My SQL instead of MS SQL server by default now. Will I have to install MS SQL sever on that machine or is there an easy way to use My SQL.

Steve

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi hardcorehire,

I uninstalled the old version deleted the data file installed the new version and now get this error when clicking on plugins in the MediaPortal configuration.

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll have to get back with you on the database question. The error can't find the google download dll's. Look in the Process plugin folder and see if there are three files with the name google in them or gmail with the dll extension. If they aren't there try and reinstall if they are try copying these files from the process plugin folder over to the windows plugin folder and let me know what happens.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll have to get back with you on the database question. The error can't find the google download dll's. Look in the Process plugin folder and see if there are three files with the name google in them or gmail with the dll extension. If they aren't there try and reinstall if they are try copying these files from the process plugin folder over to the windows plugin folder and let me know what happens.

hardcorehire,
    I took a look the files were in the windows folder as they should be I removed Google.GData.AccessControl.dll and then I can open plugins the MediaPortal configuration.
    I could not get the plugin to create a data base so I put the old one back and I can load the plugin and view my original contacts.
    I tried the import from a cvs file it said it imported 247 or something contact. I open MP again and your plugin and only my original imported contacts are there. I will play more later very busy right now!

Thank again for your efforts!

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    I guess my first question would be to see if anyone else is having problems with this plugin. The second in the configuration please double check that your database location, user id, and password are all correct. It sounds like there are no errors when trying to import contacts just no data gets written to the database correct? What contacts are you trying to import gmail, outlook, yahoo ... Let me know I am sure we can work through this. I am interested to hear if anyone else is having any issues with either the plugin or the contact import. Please leave some feedback either good or bad so I can finish making this a great plugin.

Thanks

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I guess my first question would be to see if anyone else is having problems with this plugin. The second in the configuration please double check that your database location, user id, and password are all correct. It sounds like there are no errors when trying to import contacts just no data gets written to the database correct? What contacts are you trying to import gmail, outlook, yahoo ... Let me know I am sure we can work through this. I am interested to hear if anyone else is having any issues with either the plugin or the contact import. Please leave some feedback either good or bad so I can finish making this a great plugin.

Thanks

hardcorehire,

All the info is good I believe as I have used your plugin on this machine before and when I put my original data base back it is working as expected.

I exported from Outlook using these instructions

* Select File | Import and Export... from the menu.
    * Make sure Export to a file is highlighted.
    * Click Next >.
    * Now make sure Comma Separated Values (Windows) is selected.
    * Click Next > again.
    * Highlight the Contacts folder.
    * Click Next >.
    * Use the Browse... button to specify a location and file name for the exported contacts. Something like "Outlook.csv" or "ol-contacts.csv" on your Desktop should work fine.
    * Click Next > (once more).
    * Now click Finish.

Like I said I have been busy as of late but will put more time in on the weekend on this.

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    all you should have to do with outlook is select the second radio button and click import contacts. You don't export it to csv file for outlook.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    all you should have to do with outlook is select the second radio button and click import contacts. You don't export it to csv file for outlook.

Gave the radio button a try and got this.

AND how can we promote open source and coders spending their valuable spare time with coding plugins if nobody is willing to even spend a few minutes testing for them. :confused:

Must be discouraging. :(

Steve

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    It looks like it is looking for an extra dll file for the outlook import I guess when you have them already on your computer you overlook adding them to the files that get downloaded. I'll add the file to the plugin. You can just reinstall plugin without deleting and it should just add the necessary file. Please let me know if it works.

Added file should be microsoft.office.interop.outlook.dll

Anyone try any other contact imports or just like to make a comment about the plugin.

Thanks

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It looks like it is looking for an extra dll file for the outlook import I guess when you have them already on your computer you overlook adding them to the files that get downloaded. I'll add the file to the plugin. You can just reinstall plugin without deleting and it should just add the necessary file. Please let me know if it works.

Added file should be microsoft.office.interop.outlook.dll

Anyone try any other contact imports or just like to make a comment about the plugin.

Thanks

Tried again it places the file in MP main directory as you can see in the search I did.
    But I still get the error.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom