MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
HTPC Case: CoolerMaster CR-260
Cooling: ArcticCooling Freezer 64LP
Power Supply: Seasonic
Remote: iMON (CoolerMaster VFD package)
TV: CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: Composit video

I started the installation of TV Engine 3 using the online documentation, however I faced a problem in the very beginning: When I try to install the MySQL gui package i have this error message:
Error 1335. The cabinet file 'product.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
I tried to install the version that linked in the MP online docu (mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r9a-win32.msi), and the latest downloaded from MySQL site (mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r12-win32.msi). Both packakes produce the same error message.

- Is this gui mandatory to have TV Engine?
- If yes, how could I step over this problem? I guess there is a conflict with other software installed on my machine, but I don't have a glue which could it be. I disabled the Zone Alarm firewall, but no sucsess. Other softwares installed on my machine: AVG free antivirus, Hauppauge WinTV2000, iMON remote controller, WinXP hotfixes until september 2007, K-lite codec pack, Haali media splitter, Jet Audio VX.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Peter.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello DesertDog,

I would recommend you to download the zipped version of the MySQL GUI tools here. You don't need to install them at all, just unzip and they will run out-of-the-box. I just successfully tested this version.

If you keep having trouble with this software you could also try Navicat MySQL.

- Is this gui mandatory to have TV Engine?

No.

-level20peon

DesertDog

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Ooops, why din't I have this idea earlier? :oops: I think I need to go on holiday now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom