MyTrailers plugin (1 Viewer)

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Well after learning some c#, here is my first plugin :D

Its a plugin that will let you browse Yahoo Movie Trailers and play the trailers, clips and more within MP.

Well pictures say more then words:

mytrailers2.jpg

mytrailers3.jpg

Important Notes:

- It should work with 0.2.0 rc1 release.

- I have included a new core.dll. If you are using a recent CVS-update, then you don't have to use the included core.dll (Smirnoff already made the change in the CVS). If you are using 0.2.0 rc1 you should use the new core.dll, otherwise you can't view the trailers fullscreen. So rename your current core.dll to core.dll.original or something.

- MP uses Windows Media Player to stream movies, so you won't have an OSD when playing the movies.

As far as i know WMP can't stream .mov files so thats the reason why i didn't use Apple Trailer movies. Just saying it before you ask. :wink:

Update 09-10-05

- Smirnoff made a nice trailer-header and corrected the mytrailers.xml. I included it in the download-rar. Thanks again Smirnoff!

- Uploaded the source to SourceForge. Source

Update 12-10-05

- As of now it is integrated in the CVS. So if you use a CVS-update it should be there.

- If you are seeing double after a CVS-update, delete the GUITrailers.dll in de \plugin\windows\ directory or you could use both :wink:

Download

Enjoy Zipperzip

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi Zipperzip,

Very nice & useful plugin. I like it!
    I just tested it on my laptop with 0.2.0.0 RC1 and so far it works like a charm. I will install it on my HTPC tonight and see how it works there.

I hope your changes to Core.dll (WMP9Player.cs I guess?) make it into the official source code, otherwise upgrades will become rather cumbersome I guess.

I was amazed by the video quality of the Yahoo movie trailers, actually. BTW, would you consider releasing the source code? I'd be very interested to see how you've made it.

Did I already say I like it? ;-)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for trying it.

I hope your changes to Core.dll (WMP9Player.cs I guess?) make it into the official source code

It is just one line. Goto line 554 in AudioPlayerWMP9.cs

There already is:

Code:
     //m_player.fullScreen=true;

I guess they disabled it because when MP runs in windowed mode it will go fullscreen.

So i just added:
    Code:
    	m_player.stretchToFit=true;

Thats it :wink:

Maybe Smirnuff can add it to the CVS?

Greets,
    Zipperzip

jpskiller

Portal Member
    May 30, 2005
    UK
    Just like to say that this is just what the Dr ordered, absolutly brilliant, big thumbs up, adds that bit more for the WAF factor, keep up the good work

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    carreno said:
    Can you make possible the exit of the mode full screen?
    You can exit fullscreen just like any other fullscreen (video, TV, visualization) by pressing [ESC] or the back button on your remote.
    carreno said:
    The change core.dll prevents from looking at the TV in full screen.
    Fullscreen TV works just fine here with the updated Core.dll. I believe this cannot be caused by the change in AudioPlayerWMP9.cs (not WMP9Player.cs ;) ), because that player is only used by My Music and (so it seems) by this plugin. TV uses one of its own players (StreamBufferPlayer9.cs, StreamBufferPlayerVMR9wl.cs or TSStreamBufferPlayer9.cs)

One thing I did notice tonight while using the plugin on my HTPC with 16:9 TV, was that the picture had black borders on either side, like a regular 4:3 picture on a 16:9 display. I guess there's no easy way to work around this? Nonetheless, this plugin is a very nice addition!

Kind regards,
    Michel

dhanjel

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Really nice work! But please add the functionality to the MCE skin as well ;)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    But please add the functionality to the MCE skin as well

You can do this by extracting the file skin\BlueTwo\mytrailers.xml from the archive into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\MCE (assuming you installed to the default path).

Maybe Smirnuff can add it to the CVS?

The change has been added to CVS and will be available in the next CVS snapshot build (19.00h CET).

Cheers,
    Smirnuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom