MyTrailers (1 Viewer)

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Greetings,

I started writing my first plugin. I am remaking MyTrailers which is no longer working. Thus far, I have a plugin that pulls RSS feeds from yahoo with the information I need to make lists of movies . . ., but I do not know how to make lists show up on the MP screen.

Also, I have it worked out to where I can stream an flv file from yahoo, but I do not know how to make this show up in MP. Can someone point me in a right direction, or show me what I should be reading in the documentation?

Thanks,
LRFalk01

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Actually after finding the original source for the MyTrailers plugin, I believe I can change how it parses the yahoo pages to get it up and going again. (I hope)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Excellent! This is fantastic news!! I really liked this plugin too, so I hope you can get it working again. I think you will make lots of MP users happy :0)

Cheers,
Colin

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Status Update:

Reworking the existing plugin is going way better than making my own. Currently, I have the details page working again, and the plugin is able to pull the trailer/clip list and then separate them out into their individual categories.

The above awesomeness is for the Movies. The DVDs aspect of it will be fixed tomorrow.

After I get all of the information pulling done, I have to figure out how to make MP play a audio/video file that I am pulling from the Internet. I am hoping that someone can help me out with this, or show me where to read up on it.

Thanks,
LRFalk01

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great stuff and good luck. Looking forward to your results. My kids love this feature so they can nag me to go to the movies.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After I get all of the information pulling done, I have to figure out how to make MP play a audio/video file that I am pulling from the Internet. I am hoping that someone can help me out with this, or show me where to read up on it.

Thanks,
    LRFalk01

The original My Trailers plugin was able to play streaming content, so would you be able to look at the code for that to work out how to do it?

Cheers,

Colin

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Okay, here is where I am at: I have it almost completely functional again. I just got to the part about streaming the content back to MP. Below is an example link for a trailer:

http://l.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo...4-22-1515/fullscreen.html?&eAutoStart=7653651

It is basically a full screen flash playing that is paying the file i want MP to play. if someone could point me in the right direction here, that would be fantastic. I am going to start trying to figure out how MP does this via their code.

-LRFalk01

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom