MyTV: Channels won't change via context menu (1 Viewer)

-Theodor-

Portal Member
March 28, 2006
From EPG, by selecting ongoing program channels do change correctly. But via context menu it seems that it won't even try :( In MyTV menu, both group and channel buttons are disabled. (grey, unselectable)

Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: AMD 64 3700+
Memory: 1GB Kingston HyperX
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Asus NV 6600 GT Silencer
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: MB Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DVB-T 310i Pinnacle
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
Video Codec: Default
Audio Codec: Default
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: mCubed HFX Media PC
Power Supply: Nexus
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

-Theodor-

Portal Member
March 28, 2006
FlipGer said:
Hi,

which skin do you use? This is usually a skin thing...

Flip.

BlueTwo Metal Dark

I tested with default skin and it helped with grey buttons on MyTV menu. But still channels via context menu while viewing tv won't work. But with default skin it changes to channel 13, no matter what i am selecting.

Ok, as it seems to be partly a skin issue it is probably a minor-bug. So, my best regards to skin developers then.

-TT-

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Theodor,

I also cannot reproduce the issue with the context menu.
    Please try to be more specific.

What MP version do you use?
    What steps do we need to reproduce this?

Thanx for testing and reporting anyway! :)

Flip.

-Theodor-

Portal Member
    March 28, 2006
    FlipGer said:
    Hi Theodor,

I also cannot reproduce the issue with the context menu.
    Please try to be more specific.

What MP version do you use?
    What steps do we need to reproduce this?

Thanx for testing and reporting anyway! :)

Flip.

Thank yourself, and embraces to all who keeps MediaPortal active.

my MP version is RC3, but i had same probs with RC2 allready..

It is same how or what way i go to fullscreen or "full-windowed" TV view. While watching, i have tried context menu with keyboard (F9 & num. keys) and also with mouse. I just found out that also next/previous keys won't work. F7 or F8 popups the right channel name and signal-stregth bar but then MP takes about 98% cpu seems not to respond - had to kill.

I already started to think that it is a pinnacle driver or even a board issue. Channel changes are misbehaving through EPG menu also, channels are changing quite slowly - there is some flickering in menu and sound cut-offs for while (about 4secs). Is it possible that channel changes are interrupted by some H/W timeouts. Recordings are quite hard to handle - they play well - but seeking, or returning to play state from FastForward i have to press play twice before winding stops. Do i have a larger I/O problems ? i think that there should be enough "power" to handle mpeg stream quite flawlessly.

I am quite disappointed with 310i.. even with their own software. I just bought terratec 2400i card and hope that it is not build on same budget-chip that ruins 310i.

MediaPortal salute! i have some interest to take a look at sources someday. Is there high barrier to build MP with mingw, e.g. with DevCpp + MS libs ?

-TT-

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Theodor,

Theodor said:
    MediaPortal salute! i have some interest to take a look at sources someday. Is there high barrier to build MP with mingw, e.g. with DevCpp + MS libs ?

Nope! Just take a look here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Quite some tipps how to build MP. Just grab the source with SVN. I use VC# Express with no problems.

Have fun! :)

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom