MyTV deletes timeshifted material when changing a channel (1 Viewer)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the feeling that we all agree but we have different focuses ...

So what is our conclusion? May I try to summarize?

a) we want the continuous recording back, buffer shouldn't be deleted when switching channels

b) when beeing in timeshift (at some point in time in the buffer) and when trying to switch channel a warning should be displayed (because the buffer will be deleted!!)

c) this features (at least feature b) should be configurable ('on' or 'off')

Am I right?

thanks+regards
WeWe

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It’s good to know that there are others who miss this feature, too and even people who do not use MyTV are also discussing this topic. :wink:

MichaelK said:
    should we make an poll for this ?

I don’t know if a poll would help or change anything.
    I think we need one of the developers and for MyTV it seems to be Frodo himself to get into this and help us.
    Or explaining the reason why this has been changed?

wewe said:
    I have the feeling that we all agree but we have different focuses ...

So what is our conclusion? May I try to summarize?

a) we want the continuous recording back, buffer shouldn't be deleted when switching channels

b) when beeing in timeshift (at some point in time in the buffer) and when trying to switch channel a warning should be displayed (because the buffer will be deleted!!)

c) this features (at least feature b) should be configurable ('on' or 'off')

Am I right?

What it’s all about seems to be very clear.
    Just the same timeshift functionality we had before.

To update your summarize:

a) Me / we want timeshift buffer should not be deleted as long as MyTV is running

b) this feature should be configurable (it seems that some people don't like to take advantage of this)

There is no need for a warning message when changing channels or a recording starts!

Timeshift always on!

In configuration.exe everybody can define itself how many minutes timeshift should buffer on his machine.
    All I want, is to use this function at it’s best.

It was one of the major features that let me decide switching to MediaPortal.

Starting with myHTPC years ago I learned to love this feature.
    After Meedio become the successor I tried many different HTPC programs, but only MediaPortal gave me this feature I know from GotTV and myHTPC.
    I spend so much money for my HTPC and just want to take full advantage of what a pc can do.
    And buffering TV should be one of this.

I cannot understand what the benefit could be by deleting timeshifted material?
    But therefore it should be made configurable.

Maybe this is related to this topic.:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8113

I’m still happy while waiting for this using MediaPortal with all the others fantastic features! :)
    I can understand getting MyTV more stable and making zapping much faster is more important, right now.
    But I just don’t want to lose sight of this. :shock:

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom