MyTVSeries - Plugin that organizes TV Video Files (2 Viewers)

Should I implement an automatic file organizer to move and rename files?

• Total voters

Klontje

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well,

my opinion on small mirrors is not very positive. Because of the downtime these smaller servers experience more the data warehouse servers the experience to the user would be incomplete (because of not directly syncing due to downtime) and not very good reachable. BUT, I think if you make a roundrobin (more ips/servers under 1 DNS name) this could work. But I think you can better have 2 or 3 stable data warehouse servers running on 100Mbit then 15 home servers being unavailable all the time and constantly out of sync. And I'm not saying that all home servers are crappy, slow and experience a lot of downtime but the risk is higher.

Oh, and the traffic could be potentially high, if 500-1000 clients/hour update their database including JPEG banners this can be a huge load to a server. So you should really take this in consideration.

szsori

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
500-1000 users updating every hour is a big deal, but they'll each only download the banners they need once. That's not a big deal after the initial hit. The interfaces are programmed in such a way that only the information that has been updated will be returned each time, which limits the bandwidth even more. Shouldn't be an issue.

I'm looking at 3-5 solid mirrors.

Klontje

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
But I think you can better have 2 or 3 stable data warehouse servers running on 100Mbit then 15 home servers being unavailable

Szsori did you have any offer for such servers ?

I am offering a UK server 100Mbit see one of my previous posts. I'm using it myself for e-mail and custom spam scanning.

szsori

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
But I think you can better have 2 or 3 stable data warehouse servers running on 100Mbit then 15 home servers being unavailable

Szsori did you have any offer for such servers ?
Yes, I've already had a number of server offers. I will be contacting those people soon about getting them running. I won't be taking up the offers from people on home servers for the reasons people have given, but there's a couple of solid servers on really fast connections that I'll be taking advantage of.

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
@zeflash

As there's no new thread for your highly appreciated work I can't resist to post in this thread.

To be clear, I'm not trying to make it work again, I've been rewriting it pretty much from scratch.

Do you mind if I request a feature for the plugin? Hope not ... :)

It may be totally uncommon but I often have tv series in two languages. That means I have e.g. season two of "Grey's Anatomy" in original english and also in german.
But the old plugin wasn't able to cope with that.
I had to decide whether to take the original or the local one.

Perhaps this is something anybody else has run into so that there would be some more demand for such a feature than just one person yelling for it.

Nevertheless thank you very much for your work on rewriting this so much wanted functionality!!!

Grtz

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
I used MyTVSeries plugin for the first time today after setting it up. I usually don't ever post about anything unless I have a problem, but I want to say that this is one of the best plugins for any program I have ever seen. Amazing how sharp and professional the banners and the series organization look. Great job and keep up the good work. Don't forget that there are people out there that really appreciate your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom