MyTVSeries - Plugin that organizes TV Video Files (3 Viewers)

Should I implement an automatic file organizer to move and rename files?

• Total voters

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
To be clear, I'm not trying to make it work again, I've been rewriting it pretty much from scratch.
The whole configuration part is pretty much completed now, and I'm working on integrating all the data back in the MediaPortal view - reusing the existing skin items for now (I might reorganize the layout later)
But it seems I'm running into some random issues where part of the UI are not inited yet - I don't quite understand what's happening.
The previous code was putting everything in try /catch blocks, but I don't think that's good practice. Furthermore in that case sometimes pieces of the UI would not be displayed.

Anyway. It's coming along, I'm putting every piece of free time I have in it, it can't resist much longer!

As a sidenote, I think we should create a new topic for that plugin, given it's not related to the previous one(s) at all. I changed the name to MP-TVSeries. Inker my man, please do that for me! ;)

good job zeflash.

Are you using szsori database now on the new version?
Also puting it on its one thread its a very good idea since this is a new plugin from the sound of it.

Keep up the good work and i personaly cant wait to see this new MP-TVSeries plugin.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ... I contacted the programmer of the xlobby tv plugin...

Just posting this as a correction to the above snippet.

Unless a developer has created a new TV plugin in xlobby, what they have done is controlling MediaPortal's TV process (this is before the TV server) through a plugin!

See this post. It could be they did create a TV plugin from scratch but I didn't see it.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Creating a new thread is a good idea, because like you said zeflash it's completly rewritten.

I vote for creating it in the forum "plugins" - Discuss any plugins created by users
    And not in this forum "Plugins Development" - Discussions on how to develop plugins

, because when you release you won't have many questions for the developing, it would be more a support thread, i think.

good work
    chefkoch

GSteele

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Looks like things are coming along nicely. I look forward to using the new and improved MP-TVSeries.

Thanks for all the hard work you have all put in to this now and in the future.

Thanks

Greg

Machismo

Portal Member
    July 23, 2006
    LA
    Home Country
    Keep up the good work zeflash (and others). I have been watching this thread for a long time and been waiting in anticipation of your new MP-TVSeries.

I believe this sort of plugin should be a part of the default install for MediaPortal - its a must have for so many users.

Thanks for everyones work on this plugin.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    for the plugin to be part of the default MP install, it need to work and keep working, perhaps only with minimal functionality

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    There shouldnt be any problems if it uses the new tvdb as this should not change it its style or data views. So as long as the server stays up it wont be a problem.

The more mirrors the Media-portal community contributes the better the redundancy.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What is the expected bandwith you need to provide to be a mirror. I have a server @ home but I only have 600kbit/s upload (~75K/s at full speed) and 6Mbit/s download (for the mirror update)

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    You would need in my opinion at least 5mbit upload and a 24/7 server, just so the end users experience is fast and matched their expectations.

I don't think the bandwidth per month is much of an issue as its just database requests at the end of the day and maybe small JPG banners.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    My server is 24/7 but I don't have much upload bandwidth. But with plenty of small mirrors (lots of people do have a home server, I'm convinced of that), this won't be a problem. The amount of data is unlimited with my provider so that's not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom