MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried out the new MyVideos plugin and I like it. Especially the actors functionalities are really great. :)

I also managed to use the nfo Import tool to import all my data in only a few minutes. Really cool but is it also possible to use the fanart.jpg and folder.jpg files as poster and fanart?
If yes. How?

I've got complete data with nfo files and folder.jpg and fanart.jpg files. There are even two files of the same type in the folder. One time with the folder.jpg/fanart.jpg naming and also as <filename>.jpg/<filename>-fanart.jpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi hafblade ,
    are you sure ,your <filename>.jpg and <filename> -fanart.jpg did not import with nfo info ? they should import too ... :)
    also in shear view your nfo file will view the movie info ,direct from your nfo file +folder+fanart.... did you try it ?

to view mvie fanart in DB views ,you need fanart handler plugin install ( i think Deda version ,for now ..until thisplugin will be update to 1.3.0.A .
    yep the new Actor/Director DB + Actor-Movie Info ...rally great .... :)

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    He holds some pictures in the database but these are in a really low resolution. I suppose he uses the thumbs which are also in the folder.
    When I choose to use the local files he shows me both fanart pictures and both posters where I can select from. When I select one the resolution is as it should be. But it would be anoying when I would have to choose the poster/fanart for every single movie.

I'll add screenshots and examples of my problem later this evening.

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi hafblade, yes, as ysmp wrote it should import files named as <filename>.jpg or <filename>.tbn ->posters and <filename>-fanart.jpg -> fanart.

If video is not imported into videodatabase, on selecting video file which have corresponding nfo file in share (folders) view, MP should show you all video info + poster exactly the same as video file is imported, unfortunately, in this case, fanart will not be visible until video file is imported.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My fanart did not showup until I opened the FanartHandler plugin and saved, just in case anyone else has this problem, had me scratching my head for a few minutes I can tell you. ;)

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    True, sometimes FAH just stuck and don't want to update database and rescan new images. I made for myself patch in FAH so it do a rescan on certain event from MyVids but can't post this version as it is totally unofficial.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. Did a total reimport after a deletion of the cached thumbs and the video database and I've got the same issue.
    This time I give you some more details about my import.

Like you can see in the cover.png file my covers look really ugly after the import.
    Then I press the "search cover" button without a selected online scraper and I get a selection of all local files (covers and fanarts) and I select one which looks really nice. In the folder.png you can see my naming. Is it an issue that the file name and the folder name are not the same?

In the screenshots from mp you can also see the differences of the pictures. I also appended the logs but I suppose that there is nothing special in it.
    cover.pngcover_after_search_cover_local.pngfolder.pngmp_detail_view_1.pngmp_detail_view_2.pngmp_view.png

Furthermore I've got another question. Is there a planned support for some sorttitle field in MyVideos?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can you post nfo file + screenshots of directory and filenames and I will check it out why it downloads poster instead take poster picture from file in directory.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Omfg. I found it on my own after your nfo hind. :p
    I used Ember Media Manager to create the nfo files and didn't know that it also writes links to potential fanart and covers in the nfo file...
    I only asked where the f*** he gets the pictures from. ;)
    They all stand there in the nfo file ...

Is there a possibility to say that he should use files from the folder instead? Else I have to change almoste 600 nfo files when MyVideo is released finally ;)

Thanks for your help. :)

P.S.: The directory screenshot is in my post from before

Attachments

• 300 (2006) [tt0416449].zip
      6.3 KB
    Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    :) well, true, link in nfo has higher priority than local ones (but also that link in nfo can be local file). Well, I can add setting (something like "Try first to find local images") or turn upside down logic of finding cover so it will look first for local images then trying link in nfo (actually this will be the best because nfo point is to do a movie data import without need Internet connection).

This is not hard to do, I can post here new patched files based on 1.3.0A so you can try it (can't do it right now as I have some real job work this night :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom