MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Isn't working for me either and can someone confirm my bug from the post above?
    Sort by years in user groups leads to getting sorted by viewed...

@RicoHTPC @Deda

I am trying to test the fix for this, but I don't understand the problem fully.

If I switch to year view inside of MP when I am using a database view, this works fine.

At the risk of being stupid, how do you set it in config to use the 'sort by years' as default?

Problem is in change default sort in view designer in configuration, not in MP. Using default sort in view and change sort in MP are totally different things (believe it or not :) but that's the MP design)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, so I am afraid that I am still confused about how to set things up to reproduce this problem. I have to say that if @Deda is confident of the problem and the solution, this is good enough for me and the fix should be merged to master. If someone else has tested the fix as well, even better.

Mark

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    1. Open configuration-videos-views and change 2ndlvl (title) sort from name to to years

ScreenShot007.jpg

2. Open MP and change view to user groups (1st lvl is OK, sorted by name)
    ScreenShot008.jpg

3. Click on group (Test1 in my case)
    ScreenShot011.jpg

4.You will see something like this (no years visible)
    ScreenShot009.jpg

5. Because it is not sorted by years but by watched (and only partially because sort and labels set was confused)
    ScreenShot010.jpg

It's applicable to any view or lvl (you can just reproduce that on title view)
    ScreenShot012.jpg

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Question about "automatically ad optical disk drive"
    I'm new to MyVideo. I have changed from Moving Pictures.
    MovingPictured added played DVDs to my MovieDatabase. I have tried to have the same function in MyVideo. I have checked the function "automatically ad optical disk drive". But it does not work as I thought.
    Is there a way to ad my DVDs/Blurays to my Videodatabase?
    If someone tells me how it works and what the function I have checked is for I'm willing to update the WIKI.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It's not for movie database, just in share list inside MP you will see also yours optical drives and you can play them in MP on drive click if disc is in the drive.

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do this by using so called media stub files like they are described in the xbmc wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_stubs

The idea is that you create fake files on your hard disc which you than can use in your software like they were real video files.

To do this create simple files and rename them like the movie. Givea them the extension .disc or .bluray.disc or something like that. Put these files in a folder named like your movie and put these in your movie folder.

Than add the file extension of the files in the video section in your mp configuration so that mp knows that it has to search for these.

Et voila all your faked movies are in the database. When you try to open them they won't play and you will get a message that this file is not playable. Furthermore you will see the complete file name so you know which type of file it is.

Would be cool to see this as feature in mp. In xbmc this works without customizing.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I do this by using so called media stub files like they are described in the xbmc wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_stubs

The idea is that you create fake files on your hard disc which you than can use in your software like they were real video files.

To do this create simple files and rename them like the movie. Givea them the extension .disc or .bluray.disc or something like that. Put these files in a folder named like your movie and put these in your movie folder.

Than add the file extension of the files in the video section in your mp configuration so that mp knows that it has to search for these.

Et voila all your faked movies are in the database. When you try to open them they won't play and you will get a message that this file is not playable. Furthermore you will see the complete file name so you know which type of file it is.

Would be cool to see this as feature in mp. In xbmc this works without customizing.
    maybe one day ...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Question about "automatically ad optical disk drive"
    I'm new to MyVideo. I have changed from Moving Pictures.
    MovingPictured added played DVDs to my MovieDatabase. I have tried to have the same function in MyVideo. I have checked the function "automatically ad optical disk drive". But it does not work as I thought.
    Is there a way to ad my DVDs/Blurays to my Videodatabase?
    If someone tells me how it works and what the function I have checked is for I'm willing to update the WIKI.
    As Deda say, "automatically ad optical disk drive" is only for display DVD/BD device in MyVidéo, if you want add movie in Database, use button F3 (Info / IMDB) for use it on Optical DVD in Myvidéo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom