3. title by name

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ah ok, there is few secrets I need to tell :)

1. You can't add more than 2 lvls and 2nd lvl must always use title field (by old design not my fault). There is an exceptions (index views Actors, Directors) but I had to explicitly code that in MP to be recognized

2. You can use as first lvl to group something (group lvl) only actors, years, directors, genres, all index (title, actors, directors)

3. Usergroup is actually Titleview, 2nd lvl must be always title and it is related to movies inside group

4. Do not use "rating" on any lvl (doesn't work), but you can sort on that field :)

5. Watched, unwatched, Title, recently added, recently watched fields are in real, title (filtered by watched, unwatched, recently added...) and consider them as title field (look point 1.)

6. Don't change any default index views or you will be in ???? :)

Actually, by looking from 1-6 whole point is: better don't touch anything in views (leave them as default, ok sort can be changed slighty) or you will be in ????

Video views designer and MP views-sort code logic in GUI is just bad, bad and, did I wrote already ,bad???

When I start to rework MyVids I just hit the walls everywhere because it was all mess, everything what was there was done on half and never finished or was not working at all. All what was half useful was share view and in a very limited way (just like you use Windows explorer, see files, play it -> END).
    What I did, I finished half finished code, repair what could be repaired, add some things which was in MP birth imagined to be inside and I'm still on half work (almost the same problem have jameson_UK with music part, and MyPictures are the same as it was in stone age -> we still trying to find volunteer who will rework MyPics :)).
    Final goal was not to replace MoPi or MyFilms but to make that internal part of MP useful. Someone will like it, someone will miss some things and someone will never use it with excuse that this is not like MoPi and actually he's 100% right, MyVideos is not and will never be like MovingPictures because this is not for what it is designed in MP Core.

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I feel like saying something like "I can image how much work that must have been.." but actually I can't imagine and
    it would probably be much more than that.
    But I do like what you achieved and I am looking forward to the time when MP2 will make those things much easier
    and can then indeed replace Moving Pictures.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Actually, I like what I do :) and will not stop to improve MyVideos within limitations of MP.
    I'm not some kind of MP Team coder God :) with privileges here :), just normal MP user as you everyone are trying to improve our beloved software and how it is now in 1.3.0B is 8th world wonder :) when you look back to 1.x-1.2x and it is like that because of community, their bug reports and nice ideas and ofc patches.

MP2 is growing steadily and for sure it will replace in the future MP1. MP2 Team evolve it carefully not to make design mistakes like we have now in MP1.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Please, open a new topic, if you find new bug or propose new feature.
    this post is so long, with many change in times for an generic discussion ! and can't be redirect to an mantis

@elliottmc + @Deda

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Isn't working for me either and can someone confirm my bug from the post above?
    Sort by years in user groups leads to getting sorted by viewed...

@RicoHTPC @Deda

I am trying to test the fix for this, but I don't understand the problem fully.

If I switch to year view inside of MP when I am using a database view, this works fine.

At the risk of being stupid, how do you set it in config to use the 'sort by years' as default?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @elliottmc: i think must be in "User Group view" and sort by "Years", and MP display sort by "watched"

=VideoMenu.png

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @elliottmc: i think must be in "User Group view" and sort by "Years", and MP display sort by "watched"

=VideoMenu.png

User group view? What is this?

Edit: found it, and seems fine with the fix applied. Need to test without.

Although, what is the 'user groups' view? Doesn't seem very intuitive. Edit: can't find this view described in the wiki. I have no idea what to expect this view to show (although the sorting should be obvious).

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    User Group, is for Saga as Terminator,
    Normally mp show "Terminator" as Group and we enter in, he display movie all movie related as " Terminator 1 , 2, 3, ... "

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    User group view? What is this?

Edit: found it, and seems fine with the fix applied. Need to test without.

Although, what is the 'user groups' view? Doesn't seem very intuitive. Edit: can't find this view described in the wiki. I have no idea what to expect this view to show (although the sorting should be obvious).
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Config_Related_Changes/Videos_Configuration
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What's_New/1.3.x/1_UI_Related_Changes/Videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom