MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    For EN IMDB_MP13x I can guarantee that it works (EN IMDB is for 1.2.3 and lover MP versions). For others I really don't know, I can't maintain them and it's up to community to keep them alive.

MP 1.3.x can swallow all scripts, but MP 1.2.3 and lower can't use script which contain 13x in the name.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Deda,

Recently I've been having a problem where I'm unable to add new movies to the database either in MP Configuration>Videos>Video Database>Editor>New or using the scan facility within MP. Both methods go through the motions (offering an IMDB match and then downloading) but once complete the new title doesn't appear in the database. The only way I've been able to fix it is to delete my videos database and recreate from scratch. This has happened to me a few times now (twice in the past week).

I've been testing with various builds so could be nothing but all are very recent so I think include all of your latest published updates (at least that I'm aware of ;)).

I've got the situation again at the moment when trying to add "Toy Story" to my database through MP Configuration so I've cleared all logs, attempted to add the movie again and then saved the (only) log (see attached).

If you have any ideas or need more info please let me know. I'll refrain from deleting my DB for the time being in case it's of use.

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit. Hey Deda. Quick update. I used SQLite Database Browser to view the videos database file and found a "Toy Story" record in the files table. I deleted this record then attempted to add the movie again in MP configuration and it worked fine.

Attachments

• Configuration.zip
      3.8 KB
    Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Deda,
    With FanartHandler 3.0.9, locals fanart are displayed !
    my problem is fanart is not loaded when her name is
    "D:\Movies\MovieFolder\VideoFilename.nfo"
    Can you add this possibility as poster ? Videofilename-fanart -> Moviefolder-fanart -> fanart.jpg

And a delay is added for display fanart ? (tested on netbook, maybe slow HDD)

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I don't know filenames inside folder on folder select in share view and there is no any way to find them without slowdown share view for many users which don't care about this, so if you select folder (except DVD/BD) I don't know anything except folder name and I can forward only foldername-fanart.jpg or fanart.jpg.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Why for Poster this work ?

Posters files are identified filename.jpg (tbn), is not the same line-code but adapted for fanart ?

because when "every movie ..." is checked posters are displayed as folder icon/poster !

And i think, this function must used only when condition "shared folder is 1 movie - 1 folder" and specially for shareview ! nothing change for others views and database

Last edited:

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Hi.
    Still liking the new myvideo, and particularly the new sorting including folders. Thank you :)
    This is not something that affects me much today, but I had a thought related to storing and displaying different versions of the same movie. It would be good to be able to select which version of a movie to play if there is more than one in the database. Currently that would probably be SD/HD/3D and I guess directors cut/extended versions sometimes too. (I suppose they would all have the same IMDB id?)

It would be quite nice to have all versions of one movie shown in the same screen in myvideo, or perhaps to have a selection box when pressing play.
    This doesn't impact me much right now but as 3D films become more common it will become normal to have several versions of one film. Currently I have about 6 films in DB and DVD and about 5 in BD and 3D. So it is not really a big deal.
    I figured I would say it in case it creates any other ideas or comments. I guess it would need a standardized naming format for the version. Perhaps this type of naming already exists in media database software.
    Ben

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Deda

Not sure if this has been asked already, good old Roman numerals do not show up in correct order specifically "Star Trek IX Insurrection" as you might guess gets stuffed between "IV" and "V" so is 5th in list instead of 9th, is there anything that possibly be done to work around this, the same way as MovPics handles it correctly.

Cheers

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

Have you tested manually adding a plot to a movie with the latest Git master (using the new default wide skin)?

While I can manually add and save a plot for a movie within MP configuration, the change isn't reflected within MP.

For example, I've just added "Scooby-Doo Camp Scare" to my DB (my daughter loves Scooby :)). The IMDB scrapper gets all the details except for certification and a plot. I manually replace the "NR" certification with "PG" and this is reflected within MP. However, when I typed my own plot (actually borrowed from a Google search and pasted in ;)), the change isn't reflected in MP.

If I then go back into MP configuration my edited plot is still there.

I'm starting to get paranoid about my system stability and will be doing a complete re-install over the weekend but the fact that my manual certification change is reflected in MP and my plot change isn't suggests that maybe there is something going on beyond my random system weirdness :D.

Would you mind taking a look if you a get a couple of free minutes? I've attached a couple of images to highlight the issue.

Thanks.

Mick.

Attachments

• MP Config.jpg
      MP Config.jpg
      290.2 KB
    • MP.jpg
      MP.jpg
      276.2 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda

Not sure if this has been asked already, good old Roman numerals do not show up in correct order specifically "Star Trek IX Insurrection" as you might guess gets stuffed between "IV" and "V" so is 5th in list instead of 9th, is there anything that possibly be done to work around this, the same way as MovPics handles it correctly.

Cheers

Hi Ray,

Deda can probably come up with a better way in time but for now you could use his clever "sort title" feature.
    For example, within MP Configuration>Videos>Video Database>Editor, add a "Sort Title" for each movie.
    Star Trek 1
    Star Trek 2
    Star Trek 3
    etc

Then in MP Configuration>Video Database> Settings, check the "Use "Sort title" for sorting in GUI title views" option.

Cheers,

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom