myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

Pando

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
Neospeech Paul 16 and Kate 16 both these voices work with the Microsoft speech engine and are AWSOME ! I think they are the closest thing to natural speech yet. I believe Steven Hawkins has chosen Paul for his new voice … Check it out..
Fantastic Plug-in . You really could turn Media portal from an incredible piece of HTPC software to the ultimate interactive software ever. Voice control and voice feed back WOW

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Pando said:
Neospeech Paul 16 and Kate 16 both these voices work with the Microsoft speech engine and are AWSOME ! I think they are the closest thing to natural speech yet. I believe Steven Hawkins has chosen Paul for his new voice … Check it out..
Not bad at all. The problem is that they charge for these, and they're supposedly for use only in the textaloud apps. Looking through the Speech Control Panel app, I also notice that the SDK has installed a sample TTS voice. This demonstrates how someone could build a vocabulary of wav files and link them to the words (see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1\Samples\CPP\Engines\TTS\MkVoice). I wonder if anyone here knows Majel and if they could get her to volunteer to speak the dictionary...lol

On a more serious note, if a limited set of words were needed, someone could volunteer to build a dictionary. I think this is outside the scope of this project though. Also, here is a link to a MP thread where people are discussing TTS

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here's a overview of the possible commands.... (just stripped the XML file, so no fancy layout)

** Numbers

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine

** Main Activation

Computer

** General Actions

Exit
Home
play music
FastForward music
Rewind music
Move Left
Move Right
Move Up
Move Down
Previous page
Next page
Select Item
end
Delete item
Parent Directory
Previous Menu
Show Info
Pause
Stop
Skip Next
Skip Previous
Toggle GUI and fullscreen
volume down
volume up
record current tv program
context menu
Toggle Subtitles
Cycle Audio
Mute
FastForward
Rewind

** My Music

My Playlists
Playlist
Now Playing
View As
Sort By
Play CD
Switch View
Search
Eject Disc

** My Music Playlist

My Playlists
View As
Switch View
Search
Eject Disc

** My Music Genre

My Playlists
View As
Switch View
Search
Eject Disc

** My TV

Search
record Now
Groups
channels
Power TV
Toggle Timeshift
Teletext

** My Weather

Change city
change View
Refresh
Switch

** My Trailers

Plot
cast
starts with

** recorded TV

view as
sort by
switch view
clean up
compress

** sheduled recordings

conflicts
Priorities
clean up
New
Sort By

** My Films

sort By
Switch View
Search By films
Search By Actors

** my films

detail
Play
Back
Update
first
Prior
Next
Last

** All Windows

My Weather
My Lyrics
My Burner
My Mail
My Films
My Messenger
My Planner
My Plugins
My Podcasts
My Recipes
My Status
My Torrents
Fullscreen TV
My Dutch TV
My Webbrowser
My X 10

** My News

Refresh
Select Feed

** General Actions

Show O S D
Small Step Forward
Small Step Back
Big Step Forward
Big Step Back
Next Picture
Previous Picture
Add Item To Playlist
Toggle Playlist
Rotate Picture
Play
Take Screenshot
Channel Up
Channel down
Switch To Last Channel
Mini Guide
remote Zero
remote one
remote Two
remote three
remote four
remote five
remote six
remote seven
remote eight
remote nine
Select First Item
Select last Item
Toggle Aspect Ratio
Zoom In
Zoom Out

** My Radio

Guide
Next
Previous
Sort By
View As

** My Videos

View As
Sort By
Switch View
Eject disc
Play DVD
Playlist

** My Pictures

View As
sort By
Slideshow
Recursive slideshow
create Thumbnails

** Settings

Wizard
general
Screen
Music
Pictures
Movies
DVD
TV

** My Alarm

New

** My Programs

View As
Switch View
Refresh

** My Teletext

Page Hundred
Page Two Hundred
Page Three Hundred
Hidden
Subpage
Fullscreen

** MSN

View As
Sort By
Resume From
Sign in

** webbrowser

U R L
Favourites
Home
Abort
refresh
Forward
Back

** x10

select Location
Power On
Power Off
Bright
dim
This Location On
This Location Off

** All Windows

My Radio
My Videos
Settings
My Music
My Pictures
My T V
My News
Home Screen
Basic Home Screen
Movie Cutter
My Alarm
Sleeptimer
My Programs
My Teletext
My Trailers
T V Guide
My Recordings
Sheduled Recordings
My Weather
My Lyrics
My Burner
My Mail
My Films
My Messenger
My Planner
My Plugins
My Podcasts
My Recipes
My Status
My Torrents
Fullscreen TV
My Dutch TV
My Webbrowser
My X 10

** My News

Refresh
Select Feed

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    these are general actions: (you put them accidently in My news??)

Code:
    Show O S D
    Small Step Forward
    Small Step Back
    Big Step Forward
    Big Step Back
    Next Picture
    Previous Picture
    Add Item To Playlist
    Toggle Playlist
    Rotate Picture
    Play
    Take Screenshot
    Channel Up
    Channel down
    Switch To Last Channel
    Mini Guide
    remote Zero
    remote one
    remote Two
    remote three
    remote four
    remote five
    remote six
    remote seven
    remote eight
    remote nine
    Select First Item
    Select last Item
    Toggle Aspect Ratio
    Zoom In
    Zoom Out

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I did. Corrected.
    I'm relay have a lot of fun here! My girlfriend also. I calibrated the speechenigine. But she can control MP to, to some extend.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Bram said:
    Yes I did. Corrected.
    I'm relay have a lot of fun here! My girlfriend also. I calibrated the speechenigine. But she can control MP to, to some extend.
    Good to hear. You should be able to create a profile for her, and have her train it as well, and just use that one as the default. On the other hand, you may not want to give your control up :lol:

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll just have to say to her wat I want to hear or see.... She'll operate as my personal remotecontrol :p

Seriously. I've created a profile an mygirlfriend to. But the speechengine doesn't seem to be able to use twoo profiles at the same time, which would be very usefull.

Two things that don't exactly work well.....
    If I say "Computer", I often (half the time), wind up in the "Edit Files screen", which I had never seen before. Also, when returing to the "Now Playing" screen with "Previous Menu" the music stops playing.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been using it all day and there is one thing that could seriously improve the functionality of the plugin. A countercommand to "Computer". I mean, stop the plugin from listening. For example, while watching tv or listening movies (you get the point) with the sound on, the plugin makes MP do unexpected things (change channel, stop music, mute ..... etc).
    I realize this is becaus of the MS part of the plugin. But being able to "pause" the plugin manualy would help!

Also ....... de-/increasing the volume is quite a job :) It would be nice to able to, for intance, increase the volume with 25%, 50%, and 100%.

And I keep saying "Previous Screen", instead of "Previous Menu". That is probebly my thing...but if more people do this instingtively, it might be a good idea to change it:)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Bram said:
    A countercommand to "Computer". I mean, stop the plugin from listening. For example, while watching tv or listening movies (you get the point) with the sound on, the plugin makes MP do unexpected things (change channel, stop music, mute ..... etc).
    I'll look at doing something like that. In the meantime, you can change the timeout settings from 10 seconds down to 5 or something in the configuration screen.

Bram said:
    Also ....... de-/increasing the volume is quite a job :) It would be nice to able to, for intance, increase the volume with 25%, 50%, and 100%.
    There are numeric modifiers to volume. Have you tried saying volume up five, etc? I know it's not as nice as a percentage, but it may solve the problem in the short term

Bram said:
    And I keep saying "Previous Screen", instead of "Previous Menu". That is probebly my thing...but if more people do this instingtively, it might be a good idea to change it:)
    You can modify this in the plugin configuration screen.

Users who are viewing this thread