MyWorldmap OSK - Fix needed (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello Tgx,

Please check out this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-virtual-earth-23543/index25.html#post562087

I tried changing the skin file MyWorldmapSearch.xml to help fix the OSK.

I was able to ALMOST get it to fit in it's current layout, but I pushed it as far into the upper left corner as I could and it still cuts off some of the OSK... (I subtracted 270 from the posX and 137 from posY on all objects, it just wasn't enough)

Could you remake this layout for this plugin to fix the problems with the OSK?
The layout itself will need t be rearranged and moved as far into the upper left as possible it seems.

The OSK position is based on the position of the last 4 labels in the xml.

Thanks!

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi!

A new layout solved the problem. You can grab it here!

Thanks

Tgx

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks!
    This is almost what I did, but yours looks smoother making it more of a side menu.

However. 2 problems:

1.) the title cuts off the menu page at the top.
    2.) 'Placename' option still has the OSK cutting off the bottom part of the keyboard.

It is SO close, yet still not right.

Thanks for the efforts, hopefully one more try will get it all perfect!

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    095049.png

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've fixed the first issue (uploaded in place of the latter fix).
    For the second, i think it's better to ask the author of the plugin. The plugin does not work consistently and does not show the keyboard at the right coordinates!

Thanks

Tgx

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I've fixed the first issue (uploaded in place of the latter fix).
    For the second, i think it's better to ask the author of the plugin. The plugin does not work consistently and does not show the keyboard at the right coordinates!

Thanks

Tgx

The author seems to be MIA.
    I did ask in the thread and was directed toward 'My Skins author'

The keyboard moves according the the position of text boxes where the entered info is stored.
    (so for Placename, after entering text it is displayed in the text box next to the 'Placename' button.)
    If the placename text location (not the button, but the enetered text) could be moved up a bit somehow.... it would fit.

If you could either shorten the dimensions, or squish them up a little, or maybe align the options along the top instead of along the left side, it would at least allow the OSK to be shown.
    For instance, make the font smaller and the horizontal spacing smaller as to fit all search options in a smaller horizontal resolution.

I know this isn't your fault as a skin designer, but if I want the 'solution' to look nice, I have to ask you.
    Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is to mangle the poor thing like I did before.

I appreciate the work and effort you have put it so far, it is still far better than it was before.

Thanks!

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The author seems to be MIA.
    I did ask in the thread and was directed toward 'My Skins author'

The keyboard moves according the the position of text boxes where the entered info is stored.
    (so for Placename, after entering text it is displayed in the text box next to the 'Placename' button.)
    If the placename text location (not the button, but the enetered text) could be moved up a bit somehow.... it would fit.

If you could either shorten the dimensions, or squish them up a little, or maybe align the options along the top instead of along the left side, it would at least allow the OSK to be shown.
    For instance, make the font smaller and the horizontal spacing smaller as to fit all search options in a smaller horizontal resolution.

I know this isn't your fault as a skin designer, but if I want the 'solution' to look nice, I have to ask you.
    Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is to mangle the poor thing like I did before.

I appreciate the work and effort you have put it so far, it is still far better than it was before.

I've found that if i use the plugin on a "classic" 16:9 screen like a tv, the plugin puts the keyboard in the right places. If i use the plugin on a Pc widescreen 16:10 monitor it becomes crazy and does not respect the written vertical coordinates.

I'm trying to use the new skinnable keyboard for MP 1.1, but without success so far :(

Thanks

Tgx

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Well I installed the new version you uploaded in the fix thread and was going to try it out, but now it doesn't work when trying to select any menu entry.
    Clicking any search option results in nothing happening.
    Here is what the logs say:

Code:
    2010-01-25 03:38:28.859375 [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MyWorldmap.WorldmapSearch.set_SearchType(SearchType value)
       at MyWorldmap.WorldmapMenu.SearchForPlacename()
       at MyWorldmap.WorldmapMenu.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message).

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You can download the new fix at the same place!

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom