MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (1 Viewer)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    lkuech,

Thanks for the plugin!

It's working here for me but the installation got somewhat complex. Here's what I did (using SVN 21813):
    1. Install WorldmapRC2.mpi
    2. Replace GUIWorldmap.xml
    3. Replace GUIWorldmap.dll
    4. Copy Blue3wide skin files (if using that skin)
    5. Open MediaPortal Configuration/Plugins to configure the My Worldmap plugin

Google Terrain and Satellite is working best for me (and of course Microsoft). Google Hybrid and Road are missing random tiles.

vuego,

Thanks working good here and I now have a VKB to search with. Using BleazleWide V7 I made a set of fade images for the home screen.:D

Steve

robfosters

Portal Member
    May 21, 2009
    Does this work with the Streamed MP skin? I cant seem to get it working. It just appears in my extensions folder in plugins. When I click it, it says re-install or un-install.

Is there a step by step tutorial anywhere?

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would be nice if this would work for X-Factor (and StreamedMP). These are the most popular plugins..

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmmm....

i am only getting an BSON (black screen of nothing), bye using the world-map plugin... and nothing happens by using some remote keys

mp is responding as well if i go back and using other functions...

ive taken the latest worldmap.mpi from the mpi-installer-repisotory here on this page.... and install it with the mp-config>plugins>mpi-installer section... the installation-routine rocks to "done!" as well, without any error-notification....

but there was an "invalid package" on reinstall or deinstall, recovered by trying some times, but still BSON....

using the lates mp release 1.0.2 with included bluewide

where is my mistake?

thanks and regards

resa

BSON is better than SSON (scrambled screen of nonsense) but not so good as RSOW (rainbow screen of working well)

yngve0

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have replaced the files in the post from may, but I still have some problems:

a) None of the google-maps (Satelite/streets) are shown. Instead it show a "non-availble"-symbol with a camera.
    b) Microsoft maps are shown, but I am not able to find the correct function for searching places / streets., . . .

ANyone?

Yngve

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can anybody explain me, why such little single files about 100kb and less, placed for download here, have to be compressed ???

and why it must be RAR so often ????

does the usually 20-30% (maybe 40% sometimes) more space used for uncompressed download, matters this much on those little single files ???

does the about 2kb more space used for an .ZIP instead .RAR, really matters this much on _any_ single file ???

it is something out of the hell uncomfortable to do so...

don´t we all do enough clicks every day...?

don´t we all have enough little tools and crap installed to guide our way but slow down the machine?

what, in hell, is wrong with the windows-builtin .ZIP?

does really anybody runs an reprogrammed media-portal on linux, so .RAR is really neccessary???

thank you for thinking about this...

regards,
    resa

P.S. i understand compression, if there are more than one file in the archive, or if the files abot megabytes... but not for single files on those little sizes...

yngve0

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    can anybody explain me, why such little single files about 100kb and less, placed for download here, have to be compressed ???

and why it must be RAR so often ????

does the usually 20-30% (maybe 40% sometimes) more space used for uncompressed download, matters this much on those little single files ???

does the about 2kb more space used for an .ZIP instead .RAR, really matters this much on _any_ single file ???

it is something out of the hell uncomfortable to do so...

don´t we all do enough clicks every day...?

don´t we all have enough little tools and crap installed to guide our way but slow down the machine?

what, in hell, is wrong with the windows-builtin .ZIP?

does really anybody runs an reprogrammed media-portal on linux, so .RAR is really neccessary???

thank you for thinking about this...

regards,
    resa

P.S. i understand compression, if there are more than one file in the archive, or if the files abot megabytes... but not for single files on those little sizes...

Off-topic?

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello all...

vuego: thank you so much for that hint... but i have the same problems reported from yngveo and catavolt....

@yngveo: not at all.. i got an .dll from the "also replace this files"-post as .rar and due that i was forced to install 7zip on my htpc-only... (including first configuring firewall and router and install newer IE on my system)... not amusing. please dont be angry about that, i only want to mention...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom