MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (1 Viewer)

jimSelf

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I updated the google urls in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\GUIWorldmap.xml which gave me all map types back in this great plugin:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
  <section name="MyWorldmap">
    <entry name="parmgmaurl">http://khm{0}.google.com/kh?v=40&amp;t={1}</entry>
    <entry name="parmgmrurl">http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?v=w2.99&amp;x={1}&amp;y={2}&amp;zoom={3}</entry>
    <entry name="parmgmhurl">http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?v=w2t.92&amp;x={1}&amp;y={2}&amp;zoom={3}</entry>
    <entry name="parmgmturl">http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?v=w2p.87&amp;x={1}&amp;y={2}&amp;zoom={3}</entry>
    <entry name="parmveurl">http://{0}{1}.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net/tiles/{0}{2}{3}?g=1</entry>
  </section>
</profile>

Hope this works for you as well...

Attachments

• GUIWorldmap.xml
    30.6 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks jimSelf
    I tried your file but for Google Hybrid and Satellite it only works for half the world. Any idea?

Attachments

• GMAerial.jpg
      GMAerial.jpg
      115.2 KB
    • GMHybrid.jpg
      GMHybrid.jpg
      101.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For all who get the blank BSON screen - I just press the 0 key on the remote or keyboard and then I get the map. Once I have done it once, I don't seem to need to do it again.

vuego = I used your new files and now I get the virtual keyboard, but it is set for 16:9 skins so it displays to the right and off the screen. How do I set it correctly for 4:3, I couldn't find it anywhere in the skin files.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dadeo: You have to move the <posX> (and possibly the <posY> of the controls with <label>x</label> to the desired position. The author of this plugin used the display of the virtual keyboard this way. I had a lot of work to position the keyboard AND the resulting input strings to fit well on the screen....

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    catavolt - OMG Thank you so much! I would never have figured that out!

Sorry to tell you it did not work for me in PV 2.5 (4:3) or previous version! I did, of course, check what you had done first! You are correct, it is quite difficult to get the virtual keyboard to fit well. It may even be impossible since the text entered in the fields (after you type it in the virtual keyboard) seems to be hardcoded relative to the position x,y of the virtual keyboard!

I can't get it to work on a 4:3 screen! Can you let me know if you can?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dadeo: Just found it out yesterday when I used the latest Worldmap.xml which gave me again access to the images. Therefore I corrected the respective files for PVHD. The PVHD 4:3 solution is to be made up now (Sigh.....).
    But maybe you can do something with the xmls for the 16:9 skins so far? Here they are:

Attachments

• MyWorldMap.xml
      30.6 KB
    • MyWorldmapMenu.xml
      30.6 KB
    • MyWorldmapSearch.xml
      30.6 KB
    • MyWorldmapSearchResults.xml
      30.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the files, I'll give it a try. I can get the virtual keyboard to display, But I don't know how to get around the hardcoded positioning of the text in the fields (i.e Street, City, etc.) I am trying to think of a way but my brain hurts! :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    catavolt: The only thing I could find that worked was to move the buttons since I could not move the text that is input after entering in the virtual keyboard. So here's how it looks in PV 4.5. I showed the worst case, which is Placename because it is the lowest. Not great that the buttons are so far from the text, but it was the best I could come up with.

May I just say this is why plugins should provide default skin files - i.e. both Blue3 and Blue3Wide, to avoid these problems.

And here's the xml - I am sure you can polish it up!

EDIT: Lost the attachments! The reason the text is so high is for large fonts in aMPed.

Attachments

• WorldMapSearch.jpg
      WorldMapSearch.jpg
      60.2 KB
    • MyWorldmapSearch.xml
      30.6 KB

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi,
    I have problems when searching for city, street etc.
    If I enter the search city menu I only see "Street, City, Country, Search and Cancel" buttons to which I can navigate.
    But pressing ok or something else does not show any virtual keyboard on the screen.
    I zoomed a little bit in to see Europe on the screen.
    I use MP 1.0.2 with blue3wide.

Can somebody please help me to get the virtual keyboard.
    (I also see no keyboard when I use the last posted xml files)

bart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom