MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (1 Viewer)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi love the plugin and I have a few request.

With me the colored buttons also do not work X10 Medion remote. ( Just tested with another remote Normal MCe remote, the color buttons also don't work)

* Could u make the buttons configural?
    * Could U also add them in the contex window?
    * Could you make the option to disable VE or GM. ( VE has very few maps in high detail in Europe )
    * Could you add a favorite option to store places or views

thanks for the great effort

janbo

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @janbo: "System.TypeLoadException" is something new... can you please take a look in your "MediaPortal.xml" file and post the "Worldmap" section here (most likely at the end of the file, starting with <section name="MyWorldmap"> and ending with </section>). If this problem is Worldmap dependent the only idea I have so far is that the "loadsettings" function may hit some strange values there. You can also try to delete this section.

Bye
    Lars

Attached is my XML-file.

Jan

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jan.

Unfortunately your config file does not tell much... But together with the Log entries you have posted it looked a little bit like your are not using a SVN version. (Because you get this Config Type bug)

Bye
    Lars

janbo

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jan.

Unfortunately your config file does not tell much... But together with the Log entries you have posted it looked a little bit like your are not using a SVN version. (Because you get this Config Type bug)

Bye
    Lars

Oops! Sorry for that. I didn't see the requirements for SVN builds. :sorry:

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all.

I just want to give you a brief information on what will be in the next version.
    Beside some smaller bugfixes I've implemented an config menu where you are now able to choose the actions you would like to use. That means you can set the plugin to the same actions your remote is providing. Also there is an option that the plugin generates log entries for each action occurred, that may help to find out which action is provided by a remote key.

There are two new context menu entries that let you choose the zoom mode and the map type. So if anyone still unable to use the remote key he can use the context menu.

Downzy: Normally the plugin should be able to run windowed as well. At least it does it perfectly here on my systems. Maybe you can provide me with two logs. One windowed and one fullscreen. Don't forget to set your MediaPortal to "Debug" log mode first. But wait till the next version comes out maybe one of the minor fixes has sorted this thing out. ;)

idioteque: I using the Medion X10 my self and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately the default mapping does not have the "colour" actions bind to the coloured buttons. There are actions like "Show GUI" and "Show Info" instead. From my point of view this isn't the right way and I prefer to set those things in the sections where they belong (like MyTv, MyVideo etc.) but I can understand that people don't what to change there remote settings. Because of this you can now configure the buttons in the config (next version).

bye
    Lars

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all.

I just want to give you a brief information on what will be in the next version.
    Beside some smaller bugfixes I've implemented an config menu where you are now able to choose the actions you would like to use. That means you can set the plugin to the same actions your remote is providing. Also there is an option that the plugin generates log entries for each action occurred, that may help to find out which action is provided by a remote key.

There are two new context menu entries that let you choose the zoom mode and the map type. So if anyone still unable to use the remote key he can use the context menu.

@Downzy: Normally the plugin should be able to run windowed as well. At least it does it perfectly here on my systems. Maybe you can provide me with two logs. One windowed and one fullscreen. Don't forget to set your MediaPortal to "Debug" log mode first. But wait till the next version comes out maybe one of the minor fixes has sorted this thing out. ;)

@idioteque: I using the Medion X10 my self and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately the default mapping does not have the "colour" actions bind to the coloured buttons. There are actions like "Show GUI" and "Show Info" instead. From my point of view this isn't the right way and I prefer to set those things in the sections where they belong (like MyTv, MyVideo etc.) but I can understand that people don't what to change there remote settings. Because of this you can now configure the buttons in the config (next version).

bye
    Lars

Thx for the great support!

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all.

The next version is ready! Please find the changes in the first thread.
    There are new skin files included, so don't forget to replace them.

And don't overread the hint "please dont stop to post your bug reports. Set your MediaPortal log mode to "Debug" and post your mediaportal.log as attachment"

A short description what you have don to face the bug will help also.

Without decent bug reports Iam not able to fix those bugs. The plugin runs perfectly on my systems... so you must help me with this if you are interested in using this plugin without crashes.

Bye
    Lars

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thx! ill give it a try

oops

found an error in 0.3 first run

2007-06-01 21:28:36.078125 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2007-06-01 21:28:36.093750 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: Exception :confused:ystem.Threading.ThreadStartException: Thread failed to start. ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start(Object parameter)
    at MAPS.ThreadedDownload.ProcessDownloadQueue()
    at MAPS.ThreadedDownload.ImageThread(Object stateInfo)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2007-06-01 21:28:36.093750 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: Exception :Thread failed to start.
    2007-06-01 21:28:36.093750 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: site :Void StartInternal(System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
    2007-06-01 21:28:36.093750 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: source :mscorlib
    2007-06-01 21:28:36.093750 [ERROR][MapTileDownloader]: stacktrace: at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start(Object parameter)
    at MAPS.ThreadedDownload.ProcessDownloadQueue()
    at MAPS.ThreadedDownload.ImageThread(Object stateInfo)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A very big thanks & a tiny little request

What can I say...

"Thank you" seems to be fitting. All you plugin developers are really doing a great job.
    (hope to join forces with all of you as soon as I get my master thesis done and officially become a programmer ;) )

A world map plugin was long overdue since the APIs provided by google became so popular nowadays, and it couldn't 've come out any better! Period!

One thing though:
    (and I don't want to sound picky, but in an almost perfect system it's the details that'll bring perfection)

What's up with the placeholding colour? Dirty Orange? :p

I think the community could come up with another colour not as much of a sight for sore eyes... ;)

Other from THAT: perfect job! :D

:D & :sorry:

sincerely yours,
    Anthrax

PS: black would look dope in hybrid/satellite mode (not sure about the roads mode though)!

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthrax: Thx for the flowers ;)

A word about the "Dirty Orange". I plan to make all these things skinable. That means the placeholder graphics for "tile not available", "tile download in progress", "your ip is blocked" and the graphics of the download progress bar.

So there is still a lot to do ;)

Bye
    Lars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom