myYouTube (1 Viewer)

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Would it be possible for someone to add a progressbar to see how much of the video has been downloaded/buffered. i have quite a slow connection at times so need to pause the video while it downloads a bit.
Prehads the progress bar could just be red behind the green of how much has played when you press i.

ernal

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
How do I configure this?

I am missing something with this plugin. How do I configure it???

When I go into Plugins and configure, it has a window for Favourites, etc, but I cant click and type URLs in there. I cant configure my YouTube account details anywhere either. I have read others can do this.

Is there somewhere else I am supposed to go to do this?

Thanks

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I agree that a loading bar would be extremely helpful but afaik it is not possible with the current version of MediaPortal...

Beltxo

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm getting just poor quality and stuttering video with this plugin. I'm almost sure it's due to buffer size, but I can't find where to change this setting.

Beltxo

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    · Install ffdshow and enable FLV decoding withing its settings dialog
    · Install any FLV splitter you can find in the web. osflvsplitter for example
    · Tray to open any FLV video in Windows Media Player, if it works, go to next step. If not, start again and check everything is right.
    · Start MediaPortal Cofiguration in advanced mode, go to video, file types and add ".flv" to it
    · Now, install this plugin as any other MediaPortal plugin and enjoy!

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installing this plugin is what I'm not sure about.
    Some plugins you have to extract to a specific folder some you copy file into a mediaportal folder and others like Sysinfo install themselves.
    This one seems as tho it needs to be extacted to some folder
    It says add to the appropriate mediaportal folders. My mediaportal install doesnt have a source folder

Thanks

Beltxo

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    · Extract the rar
    · Copy the files in "release" folder in Media Portal folder, say yes to folder combination
    · Copy the files in "skin/black&wite/" to the folder of the skin you are using, say yes to folder combination
    · You're done

Webcomber

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MyYouTube buffering completely before playing?!

Hi folks,

I really like the My YouTube plugin, however on my main HTPC is will always first download and buffer the clip/file before it will start playing it correctly.
    This means that for a 3 minute clip I have to wait 3 minutes before it starts!
    When I have Windows Task Manager open on the network tab, I see the bytes streaming in, after the lenght of the clip the download stream drops off and the video starts playing.

I have a second PC that I use for testing and on that system the clip starts playing immediately, as expected.

Can anybody help me here please?
    Why/where is MP buffering the complete clip?

Both systems are Win XP/MCE2005 SP3.
    Test PC is on MP 1.0.0.0
    HTPC is on MP 1.0.1.0 (but same strange delay behavior when it was on 1.0.0.0).
    Hardware of both machines is completely different.

Playing YouTube straight from the IExplorer on HTPC works normal/direct.

Also, I have MyTrailers and that works normal/direct.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom