Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Good evening all

I have been experimenting trying to add a hidden menu to the EPG with buttons which hyperlink to other MP modules (BasicHome, Videos, Emulators etc)

Is navigation hard coded into the EPG because I seem to be having a lot of trouble with the navigation between my menu buttons. Am I wasting my time?

It looks to me like the EPG plugin is resetting the focus every few seconds to the main EPG panel to refresh it, and this of course stops my menu functioning correctly.

Thanks
    RH

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Is navigation hard coded into the EPG
    This is the conclusion that I came to :(.

I wanted to add a left side menu that would enable me to have "Search EPG" as a choice, but I could not get it to work :cry:. The EPG is I think the most complex panel in MP, so it is perhaps not surprising that much of its behaviour is hard-coded in the skin engine, and hence not customisable in the skin xml file.

If anyone knows otherwise, please post!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Agree totally with the first part of this, my intentions are to move the buttons that I don't like off of the screen where they can't be seen. What I was hoping to do was create two new buttons in the menubutton style, (dialoglist mode), and alter the relevant OnlineVideos properties. As one is only number of items to display, and...
    Agree totally with the first part of this, my intentions are to move the buttons that I don't like off of the screen where they...
    Good evening everyone, I need some help with skinning buttons for Online Videos. What I am trying to achieve is move the buttons...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    It's an external MCE RC 6 IR receiver and remote from SMK. But I don't think that the IR receiver is the problem, because it also happens when I'm using the keyboard. E.g. when I navigate through the main screen (remote or keyboard), the volume OSD is shown when I press the left/right button / key. Maybe only an issue with German...
    It's an external MCE RC 6 IR receiver and remote from SMK. But I don't think that the IR receiver is the problem, because it also...
    Hi, I've updated Mediaportal from 1.16 to 1.19. Now every time I press a button on my MCE RC6 remote the Info button is virtually...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom