Need help making MediaPortal skin transparent.. Again. (1 Viewer)

Marienkind

Portal Member
April 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is my third time making one of these threads. I keep having to edit MPs UI so the seekbar doesn't blot out as much of the screen as it does.

I looked back at my last thread about this and someone mentioned using the 'skin editor' so I look that up and ended up here.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...ns/3_Plugins/MPDisplay++/Tutorials/SkinEditor

Where's the download link?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello, could you name what skin are you trying to modify so we could call someone familar with its structure

Marienkind

Portal Member
    April 10, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm using the DefaultWide skin for version 1.11. If I could make the black background around the seekbar disappear that would be great.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
      Clipboard01.png
      3.4 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I keep having to edit MPs UI so the seekbar doesn't blot out as much of the screen as it does.
    If your desire is to be able to see as much of a paused screen as possible, there is a different solution that may satisfy your requirement.

In "MP Config", go to "GUI", then "On-Screen Display", and change "Display timeout" to a smallish value. I have mine set to 5 seconds. This will cause virtually all of the seek-bar popup on a paused screen to vanish after 5 seconds, enabling you to see what is beneath the seek bar.

The disadvantage of this solution is that when you display the programme info (INFO button on the remote, then the UP button), the info will also vanish from the screen after 5 seconds. I find that too short to be able to read the programme info. However, if you press the UP button repeatedly (e.g. once per second), it resets the 5-second timeout, and the programme info will stay on the screen until you stop pressing the UP button.

I used MP for months with an infinite display timeout, but also grew to dislike the way that the seek bar obscured the paused screen, so I changed to the 5-second timeout. The need to press UP repeatedly when viewing the programme info is not ideal, but for me it is the "least worst" of the choices available.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Marienkind

Portal Member
    April 10, 2012
    Home Country
    I keep having to edit MPs UI so the seekbar doesn't blot out as much of the screen as it does.
    If your desire is to be able to see as much of a paused screen as possible, there is a different solution that may satisfy your requirement.

In "MP Config", go to "GUI", then "On-Screen Display", and change "Display timeout" to a smallish value. I have mine set to 5 seconds. This will cause virtually all of the seek-bar popup on a paused screen to vanish after 5 seconds, enabling you to see what is beneath the seek bar.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I guess this works. Thanks for that. Note to self, try the simple things first.. I was thinking I'd have to edit some numbers in an xml file again if I couldn't get the skin editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom