Need help: MP 1.0.0 random crash in Vista (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0 final
    MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
    Windows Version: vista home premium 32bit
    CPU Type: intel c2d E4600 2.8ghz oc
    HDD: 10tb nas Memory: 2gb
    Motherboard: asus p5evm hdmi
    Video Card: ati 3850
    Video Card Driver: 9.1
    Sound Card: realtek onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 2.0
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: cyberlink
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: cyberlink
    h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: antec
    Cooling: stock
    Power Supply: 550w
    Remote: pronto pro tsu7000
    TV: toshiba dlp tw62hm84
    TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Odd problem...I am experiencing random crashes. A Windows OS popup states MP has stopped responding... MP still works behind the popup, but the popup is always in the foreground. As soon as i close the popup warning, MP closes. So far I haven't been able to recreate this error with any user intervention-- it just seems to happen randomly a few times a day.

I'm looking for some help with this...not sure how to troubleshoot it. Log attached...and thx in advance!

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm i don't know for sure but it seems that AsyncImageResource.setFilenameWorker comes from MovingPictures and raises some errors.
    Did you disabled MovingPictures for testing?

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    Tried recreating the error with MovingPictures disabled, but somehow my whole movie database got wiped out. I have no clue how that happened, but I'm rebuilding now and intiating backups so this doesn't happen again. The error still occurs however, so I'll try to post another log once I have the database rebuilt.:(

cheesegeezer

Portal Member
    May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am experiencing exactly the same problems with vista x32, MP RC4 and latest svn and moving pictures plugin.

As soon as i disable the moving pictures plugin and delete the movingpictures.dll file from plugins/windows MP works fine again. I have no idea what the problem is.

I have done a complete uninstall of MP and reinstall. I have even done a complete system restore from 1 week ago restore point. None of these fixed the issues.

I've installed everything on Windows7 now and have no issues with movingpictures or mediaportal.

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    I updated to the latest MovingPictures last night but the random crashes are still occuring :( I loaded MP in debug mode and will hopefully have a logfile to post this evening. Should I cross-post this in the MovingPictures forum to try to get additional support?

cheesegeezer

Portal Member
    May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi again.

I updated moving pictures again tonight using 0.7.1 installer from the google code page, this has only been uploaded today GMT and it seems to have fixed my issue.

If you are using 0.6.6 then i suggest you update again

Hope this sorts it out or you may have to go back the MyVideos for the time being.

Good Luck

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think someone needs to ask from fforde how the texture loading is handled on Moving Pictures side. If it is done in a separate thread than the MediaPortal's main (rendering) thread then we have a issue :)

As a result MP will randomly crash if the textures are changed on the fly when the rendering pass is ongoing. fontEngine.dll is not thread safe. Even MP seems to itself run into same issues (but really rarely). 0001998: Threading issue with texture cache - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Althou adding a texture should be safe and removal should be the only one that will cause a crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom