Need help: MP 1.0.0 random crash in Vista (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Fforde,
    thx..I should have a chance this evening to try this out and will report back my results. I can add a note to this issue on my end...I notice the error also tends to occurs when I have MP open on my main system (but its sitting idle without user intervention) but I am accessing the database on my secondary system where I add movies to a shared database. It looks like adding to the database while the main system is still connected to MP provokes a crash. I know its not officially supported to share a database, but I think that *may* have something to do with some of the errors I'm experiencing (a guess on my part of course).

EDIT: I do apologize but this week fell apart and I have not had time to try the update...will do this weekend and report back. Sorry!

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    Hi Fforde,
    I saw the note about changing of the status for this bug to a Mediaportal issue, not Moving Pictures. Does that invalidate needing to try your fix earlier in this thread? Should I update to the latest MP SVN for a resolve?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well we are still tracking the issue in the Moving Pictures issue tracker because this is an issue that primarily affects our plug-in. I just removed the 0.7.2 tag on the issue because the fix for it is in the MediaPortal code, not the Moving Pictures code. We are starting to finalize 0.7.2 and I just didn't want to have that issue still open and flagged for 0.7.2 when it actually was not holding up the release.

So if you could, you should still test the patch I fix I posted above. And you don't necessarily need to be running the latest SVN of MediaPortal to test the fix, but the code it is based on is fairly recent so updating to the latest SVN may not be a bad idea. But no this is not strictly necessary.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Reopened Mantis 1998 issue. I was to lazy to create new bug report for the C# side issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom