Need help setting up TV server MP 1.9 win 8.1 cablecard (USA) (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I just built a new HTPC (see my GigiHTPC for specs) and installed an Ceton Infinit TV PCIe card. I started setting up the TV server per the following words of wisdom here:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC

I am having problems playing live TV. It seems like I can manually get stuff to work, but I am getting a lot of hanging and not sure where to go from here.

I have included some logs from the TV server and I have also taken some screen shots of what I have set up.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks
    -S

Attachments

• TV Server.zip
      1.3 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I don't see any evidence of hanging on the TV Server side. However I do see the tuner trying to deliver this message to you repeatedly:
    [2014-09-05 12:45:00,481] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <CENTER>
    In order to start service for<BR>
    this device please call<BR>
    Ph: PH# (866)731-5420<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    CableCARD ID:0-011-432-747-738<BR>
    <BR>
    Host ID:0-570-000-377-111<BR>
    <BR>
    Type:One-Way<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

So, has your CableCARD been properly activated?

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks so much. The company told me that it was activated, but I have a feeling that they didn't. The weird thing is that I can get a few seconds of TV when I restart the computer and go into the TV server clicking on preview but then it hangs. That is why I though that it was a TV server issue. I suspect that I am going to get a lot of problems as my cable company is only going to support using windows media center.

-S

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would be interesting to see the MediaPortal logs. Also, if the tuner works in WMC then it should work in MediaPortal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Those messages from the CableCARD are causing exceptions on the client side which may ultimately be the cause of hanging you see. So, if I were you I would call the phone number and attempt to sort out that message. I don't think you should need WMC for that.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    So I got the tech out and he changed some things, however that didn't seem to help. What he did do is get the cab;e card activated. So now I can see some of the channels (I suspect it is the channels that are not in HD, but they are in digital - I suspect. No more non-digital signals in the USA).

When I go to the TV server configuration, I can preview these non HD channels, but when I close the little window with the preview, the TV service stops. I can restart it and preview another channel (non-HD) but then it stops again.

Any help is appreciated. I do have a tech coming in 1 hour and I will ask him about the HD channels, but I suspect that he will not know about the other issue. They did give me a tuning adapter (NOTE: For connecting a tuning adapter with a CableCARD You Must Provide SDV Tuning Adapter compatible device. Charter will provide the SDV (Switched Digital Video) Tuning Adapter, CableCARD and USB cable.)

The problem is that when this was in line, I didn't get any channels.

Thanks for the help and I'm sorry I live in a country that has such screwed up cable!

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    OK I think I solved the TV service issue. It seems that when I have it on the stop card, it also stopped the TV service. Is this how is should work?

-S

Attachments

• Solution to Service stopping.JPG
      Solution to Service stopping.JPG
      41.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is that when this was in line, I didn't get any channels.
    I'm pretty sure it has to be inline. If you didn't get any channels with it inline then double check with Ceton support, but I suspect you'll need to get a cable tech back out.

When I go to the TV server configuration, I can preview these non HD channels, but when I close the little window with the preview, the TV service stops. I can restart it and preview another channel (non-HD) but then it stops again.
    OK I think I solved the TV service issue. It seems that when I have it on the stop card, it also stopped the TV service. Is this how is should work?
    No, that is not how it should work.
    With a CableCARD tuner you should use stop.
    Looking at your log files, it looks like you might not have installed the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-63#post-1056643

Can you confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom