Need help with MYBLASTER plugin (1 Viewer)

G0PUK

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
NE England
Home Country
England England
Hello All
I have already asked for help concerning the following but have not had any luck, I am not the only one in this position as can be seen browsing through the forum.
My problem is I wo :( uld like MP to change channels on my set top box (Sagem FreeView), after browsing the forum, it semed I needed a plugin called MYBLASTER, this I downloaded (after spending a hour finding its location, no it is not in the plugin section!), I have read conflicting theories as to where the .DLL and .EXE should be loaded but no matter where they are put they do not work!
Running MYBLASTER.exe shows greyed out options not of which can be accessed, LEARN, TEST etc..
PLEASE PLEASE some one HELP ME !!!!!
What have I done wrong, what have I not done????
At the moment the .EXE is in the Media portal root dir and the .DLL is in the PROCESS dir under PLUGINS, it seems I should have a .DAT file is this created from the .EXE LEARN button or do I need to down load one if so from where?
PLEASE DO NOT JUST READ, PLEASE END A REPLY IF ONLY TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM MAYBE WE COULD HELP EACH OTHER.

Alan (in expectation)

szasz

February 19, 2006
UK, Bedfordshire
I have the same problem. MyBlaster has the Learn and Test Features greyed out. My MCE remote works fine with MP but no joy with blasting. Maybe if you post some more details regarding your setup we may get some help and get to the bottom of this.

The IR/Recieve/Blast hardware hasn't got much marking on it except SMK. And it came with the UK verson of the HVR1300 MCE Edition. I also tried HiP but it did not seem to be sending out any IR

Running MyBlaster.exe /Dump shows the following:

18/02/2006 23:57:41 Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_0609&pid_031d#sm004xad#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}

Media Portal Config:

Area: Media Portal Plugins
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: A8N-SLI DELUXE (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge HVR-1300 Digital
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 2.110.0.23339
Video Card Model: Winfast Px6600 GT Extreme (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

G0PUK

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
NE England
Home Country
England England
Windows Version: Windows XP MCE (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727.42
DirectX Version: 9
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: 512 MB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-K8VT800M
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR 500MCE
TV Card Type: Dual Analogue
Video Card Model: Nvidia GEForce 6200 (256 MB)

These are my system settings as far as I can get them.
It seems you have more information than I have e.g the /DUMP switch on MYBLASTER.EXE ? are there any more more switches I could try ?
I have as you can see MCE and have tried this to switch the freeview box and it works perfectly but with only a single tuner, not much use. I would use MCE but because of the tuner restrictions (only two tuner/S-Video inputs which must both be indentical!!).

regards Alan

szasz

February 19, 2006
UK, Bedfordshire
I got the /dump from the following topics.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=10559
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=8369

From these topics it would appear that new hardware support has to be configured somewhere, compiled in to MyBlaster code I think? Anyway, I've had a quick glance over the code but it was 3am and I had to get up again soon so I threw in the towel. I'm gonna see if I can have a better look through the code this week, not done this open source thing before but I have to say MP is a very good product and it's worth the time. It'll take me some time cos I need to get VS2005 setup.

MCE is a dream to set up and very fast in use but it's definately a bit simplistic. I'm looking at MP cos I want to be able to record from SKY as well as my 2 freeview cards.

I'll report back once I've had a better gander at the MyBlaster code.

It would be interesting to see what your blaster "code" is, post the /dump output at some point.

Ineteresting that my config stuff didn't have the MCE bit as that's what says on my tin.

Cheers

R O B !

G0PUK

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
NE England
Home Country
England England
Hi ROB

Just a quickie here is the code from MYBLASTER.exe /DUMP

19/02/2006 17:46:20 Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_0609&pid_031d#sm002j5m#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}
19/02/2006 17:47:31 Form1.LoadConfig: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I also had a look in /lLOG dir and found ERROR.LOG and it contains this :-

19/02/2006 17:52:45 Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.Plugins.MyBlaster.MyBlaster exception:confused:ystem.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2176.40647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at MediaPortal.Plugins.MyBlaster.MyBlaster.LoadRemoteCodes()
at MediaPortal.Plugins.MyBlaster.MyBlaster.Start()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()
Hope this maybe some help.

Alan

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was never able to get the blaster stuff to work either. I'd dearly love to turn off my receiver with the MP remote.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    G0PUK said:
    exception:confused:ystem.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2176.40647
    This issue has been adressed with a recompile I did not too long ago. See this thread for details. [EDIT]: link removed; download from the plugin repository on the homepage now.

EDIT: Err, my bad: I just see you stil use 0.2.0.0 RC2 but you actually use my recompiled version of MyBlaster. If I'm not mistaken there are two ways to solve this:

1. Upgrade MediaPortal to current CVS.
    2. Use an older MyBlaster version. You can still get an older version here.

Kind regards,
    Michel

szasz

February 19, 2006
    UK, Bedfordshire
    Yep thx for that scoop, it fixed the typeload exception because the plugin setup dialog now comes up. But not the blasting problem, MyBlaster still has the learn/test buttons grayed out.

I've looked over the source code and on a quick glance through I can only see 3 device codes mentioned in the FindDevice method. Seems a bit odd to me cos smirnuff has mentioned adding a few and I can't see them, so I'm obviously looking in the wrong place. I can't claim to know much cos i've only looked briefly and i've not had a chance to get VS2003/5 up and running.

G0PUK

Portal Member
    February 11, 2006
    NE England
    Home Country
    England England
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727.42
    DirectX Version: 9
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    Memory: 512 MB
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-K8VT800M
    TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR 500MCE
    TV Card Type: Dual Analogue
    Video Card Model: Nvidia GEForce 6200 (256 MB)

Well I have tried both new and old versions of MYBLASTER and niether work, the old version of .DLL does load correctly but the .EXE still has LEARN and TEST greyed out.
    In desperation I changed OS to straight XP to no avail thinking it maybe device drivers and these may differ from MCE.
    I just have to hope that new version of MP on the 18th of month may solve problem although I am not holding my breath as the problem seems more fundamental, I have looked on IRTransceiver for modle/serial No. to see if mine is an old batch with known problems but thers is none!
    Hope some one can fix this before I go grey .... Oh no its already happend !!!!!!!!!
    Alan

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Since Smac, szasz and G0PUK all have the same devid, I suppose the modified version I sent to Smac should also work for you guys. [EDIT]: link removed; download from the plugin repository on the homepage now.

EDIT: This version only works with current CVS!

Please give it a try, and also try as much combinations for output ports (and settings) as possible, since Smac only got it to work on blaster port 2.

After that, he only got it to work with the learn app, but not with MP. The solution for that was to manually edit the mediaportal.xml to contain a rudimentary parameter to force the output port from within MP (I know, it's a hack...). This is what I wrote to Smac:

scoop said:
    I think we're almost there... (I hope ;) )

Seems that with earlier myblaster versions you could force the output port to be 1 or 2 via the plugin setup. That's exactly what you see @ the lines of code you mentioned. I know it's a bit of a dirty workaround, but could you try adding the following to your mediaportal.xml:
    Code:
      <section name="myblaster">
        <entry name="forceport">2</entry>
      </section>
    make sure it's between the <profile> </profile> tags and not between another <section> </section> pair. Also backup your mediaportal.xml before you do so.
    Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom