Need help with setting up Compro DVB-T300 | Page 2

Discussion in 'General Support' started by snr_duck, April 14, 2006.

1. Callifo
    • Premium Supporter

Callifo Retired Team Member

Student
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    It isnt, you can offload some of the cpu cyles to the gpu when playing backing mpeg2 content. You need a mpeg2 codec cable of dxva which is usually only the commercial ones (eg. nvidia, intervideo, cyberlink etc).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. snr_duck

snr_duck Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Yeah Callifo I was hoping to be able to offload some of the CPU cycles during recording.

The Compro apps when recording would take up to 60% CPU with spikes up to 85-90%

MP seems to be a little better but while recording the system is really sluggish.

The ATI drivers I believe can be enabled for DXVA and my Radeon 9550 certainly suports it I believe.

It also looks like you need to have the latest versions of Media Player installed etc but I am not too sure about the DRM stuff in MediaPlayer 10.x

I haven't found a guide yet that talks about how to set it up without just doing the Micro$oft thing.

Here is another weird thing... Channel7 SD shows that it is recording but when I went to look at the recording from last night it was a file with all the right names etc in dvr-ms format but was only 6kb and Media Portal reported the program as being recorded for 1:07 mins.

Ever seen that before ?

4. muty

muty Portal Member

Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!