Need some help (1 Viewer)

arubenstein

March 31, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, I need a little help. I have the latest of everything (SVN 18395 and MyFilms 4.5). I use My Movies 2.44.

I am unclear on how to configure MyFilms. Whatever I do results in "Please Insert Disc" asking for it OriginalTitle.

First, I don't use the URL field in MyMovies; am I required to? All of my DVD's are stored as ISO's, and they end up in the XML file as follows:

- <Disc>
<DiscIdStored />
<DoubleSided>False</DoubleSided>
<Name>Disc 1: Main Feature</Name>
<DiscIdSideA>D73C345A-05276846</DiscIdSideA>
<DiscIdSideB />
<LocationSideA>\\something\massstorage1\Movies\RIP s of Motion Pictures\A Bug's Life\A_BUGS_LIFE Disc 1.ISO</LocationSideA>
<LocationTypeSideA>2</LocationTypeSideA>
<LocationSideB />
<LocationTypeSideB>-1</LocationTypeSideB>
<ChangerSlot />
</Disc>
- <Disc>
<DiscIdStored />
<DoubleSided>False</DoubleSided>
<Name>Disc 2: Supplemental Material</Name>
<DiscIdSideA>79E8AD07-2E142A84</DiscIdSideA>
<DiscIdSideB />
<LocationSideA>\\something\massstorage1\Movies\RIP s of Motion Pictures\A Bug's Life\A_BUGS_LIFE Disc 2.ISO</LocationSideA>
<LocationTypeSideA>2</LocationTypeSideA>
<LocationSideB />
<LocationTypeSideB>-1</LocationTypeSideB>
<ChangerSlot />
</Disc>
</Discs>

Note, specifically here that there is two DVD's in this <Title>. Will this not work either?

I have tried using "LocationSideA" as "Ant Item for Storage File Info".

Any help appreciated.

GavinC

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
No help but I a similar problem but with some differences.

On EVERY reboot Nyfilms appears to forget the location of the files to link to and asks to insert disk.

Even though the Xml has a direct link to the file to ne played in the URL section and I have eneterd the URL section as the "Ant Item for Storage Fields" in the "Play Movie Infos" section of the config.

Some help in solving this would be apprecited as I am not overly familiar with Mediaportal so suggestions to 2check the log" and "clear the cache" mean nothing to me without precise advise on how to do this so Id appreciate a clear explanation of how/what to do.

GavinC

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
Is anybody able to answer my problem please., I still cannot get Myfilms to play any file directly although if I use My Videos they play OK.

When I click play it just hangs ...nothing happens ..even though the config appears to be set up OK as descibed in my earlier post. All details are showing up and so is cover art so it is ready the xml from Ant OK.

Also... will Myfilms work with MP 1 RC1

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
I'm having a similar problem. When ever I click on a title that's located on my HDD it asks for a disc as well. Any ideas? Sorry for bumping an old thread :(

LXTR

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm having a similar problem. When ever I click on a title that's located on my HDD it asks for a disc as well. Any ideas? Sorry for bumping an old thread :(

Maybe this helps you. This is how i have it, everything working fine. It's for HDD files.

captura1lx8.jpg

captura2xh9.jpg

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country

Maybe this helps you. This is how i have it, everything working fine. It's for HDD files.

captura1lx8.jpg

captura2xh9.jpg

Thanks for your help! But it didn't seem to work :( I tried changing the ant idintification item to source,disk,resolution etc.. it always ask me to insert disc. I checked the directory it seems fine. Any ideas? This seems like a very useful plugin :)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006

Can you put a screen copy of your ant db and your setup as LXTR do to control your entries ?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country

Can you put a screen copy of your ant db and your setup as LXTR do to control your entries ?
sure thing, sorry for the wait. Hope these help most likely I've set it up wrong. Sorry for the onscreen keyboard my wireless keyboard isn't working for some reason lol.

Attachments

• ant.JPG
    ant.JPG
    190.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom