RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, thank you!
    Now I can enter my profile but when I select a movie to play the silverlight circle appears for two seconds but after
    that I find myself back in the last menu.
    May be related to the above mentioned netflix problem...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great, thank you!
    Now I can enter my profile but when I select a movie to play the silverlight circle appears for two seconds but after
    that I find myself back in the last menu.
    May be related to the above mentioned netflix problem...
    It might be... But to be certain open up your browser (IE) to verify. Do the whole process including login and change profile. Do you get errors on the website? Try to clean cache and cookies in IE on your HTPC.

Also it might be an timout. Try to set a higher timeout in plugin settings. "Webrequest timeout", default set to 15s.

EDIT: when browsing the website click around got to start page several times, start a video.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks again - I didn't have ie installed. :oops:
    Last question: how can I change the language with my remote?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks again - I didn't have ie installed.
    :pMaybe put that as an explicit prerequisite in first post...

Last question: how can I change the language with my remote?
    Short answer: You can't.

It's very hard to automate this, the Netflix-browserplayer-connector, in this case, have to find the correct positions to click in the browser window. For audio and subtitle languages this position is not fixed - depending on display resolution, is it a movie or episode? Available in HD? Are there any subtitles available and how many? Are there different audio tracks? Etcetera.

You will always get the default language for audio and subtitles. For Kids profiles the default audio language is the "local" language (Swedish in Sweden, German in Germany...)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The trick with the profile for different languages was a good one. You should add that to your explanation as well!
    And you can add Germany to your list! ;)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Stupid question, but how do I install this? I updated OnlineVideos, but Netflix is not in the list.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Stupid question, but how do I install this? I updated OnlineVideos, but Netflix is not in the list.

After you have installed OnlineVideos you have to do an sites update.
    Go to Manage Sites (Sites verwalten) open the menu and select Automatic Update (Automatische Aktualisierung).
    Netflix sholud be visible, select netflix and add it to your sites.
    Well do an second automatic update, to be really sure you get the latest version.

Read more in the sticky OnlineVideos FAQ. Also the OnlineVideos Wiki.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Killed the "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost" which had been running "locked" for days since the first successful try last wednesday so now it works again :rolleyes:

Loving it so far..

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

After you have installed OnlineVideos you have to do an sites update.
    Go to Manage Sites (Sites verwalten) open the menu and select Automatic Update (Automatische Aktualisierung).
    Netflix sholud be visible, select netflix and add it to your sites.
    Well do an second automatic update, to be really sure you get the latest version.

Read more in the sticky OnlineVideos FAQ. Also the OnlineVideos Wiki.

I figured it out eventually, but it did not work the way you described it here. There is not button "Manage Sites", I just see a Tab called "Sites". Within this Tab, there is an "Import" Button, which offers the options "XML" And "Global". When chosing global, you are presented with a new window with list of sites (in this window, the UI is very, very, very slow o_O) where you can select the newly added Netflix site.

I also do not see a button called "Automatic Update" anywhere, so I don't really know what do to make sure I have the latest version of the Netflix OV plugin.

// edit: ooooh wait... you meant within the MediaPortal Application, not via the external Extension Configuration, now I get it :D
    So there is no way to do a site update via the external Configuration of OV, only via within MediaPortal itself?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So there is no way to do a site update via the external Configuration of OV, only via within MediaPortal itself?
    Correct. But in settings you can define how in what time intervall the automatic update should run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom