Netflix for OnlineVideos (4 Viewers)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I don't understand.
In Internet Explorer, the sound is OK but no image. The status bar is visible and everything seems fine.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that has the skills and capacity to update Netflix for Online Videos? Seems such a shame to let it die such a sad death :-( I hate the thought that I'd have to go back to the Netflix app or browser along with keyboard & mouse.

Happy to donate directly to whomsoever does the work :)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did get some alerts from different sites...
    I spent some hours++ to try to fix the problems, and I went down the ugly patch road... If I had the time (and energy) I would do a big refactor.

This does not imply that I'm going to be a active developer again, just that I had some time and I think Netflix is somewhat essential to a mediacenter (and I do like MP, I'm just not an user anymore...).

Cheers!

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Ministerk,

Great to hear from you. I agree that Netflix is essential to a Mediacenter. The product you produced for MediaPortal is great and it would certainly be a big loss to MP and it’s users if it was to fall by the wayside.

That said, I always wonder how you guys manage to find the time (and energy ) to keep these things going? I’ve no doubt it takes a lot of both. Suffice to say that I certainly appreciate your efforts and I hope other MP users do as well?

Anyway, as I said, I’d be happy to give a direct donation to you to bring the plugin back up to speed and I would imagine there are others out there that will do the same (Others!! Feel free to chime in here ). Not that I’m implying money is your primary motivation, but it can’t hurt . To be clear, I’m not wealthy, so it would be a donation “Within reason”. I presume there’s a PM mechanism in this forum system? So, please PM me if you wish to discuss further?

I’m not asking for some huge upgrade. It would just be good to get all the lists and the search facility working again. Of course this rolls off the tongue easily for me. But I imagine it would be a substantial amount of work for you?

If of course you no longer have the time, energy or interest, perhaps you know someone else who does and could hand over the reins of your creation?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom