Netflix Plugin (first release available) (1 Viewer)

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
I am currently creating a netflix queue manager plugin, i was wondering if there is an interest in that sort of thing. Also I am having trouble getting the netflix queue page from netflix. I have a parser that will pull the apropriate info from the page, but how can i get it to log in and download it?

edit:
so i decided to read the queue from the RSS feed, but i still need a way to submit the form to update my queue and add movies to my queue. I should just be able to send form posts, but how do i get it to have me logged in when i submit it?

The King of Gazpacho

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
OK, I have a preliminary version working. It stores the details in the local databse and can download the boxshots for the movies. Currently it can only display your current queue, but I am working on modifying the queue and displaying other lists of movies to add to your queue. Also, I suppose its the parsing, but its pretty slow to update movie info, working on that too.

The King of Gazpacho

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    GazpachoKing - Could you supply more info (like a brief description) of this plugin. Also screenshots are VERY good to help visualize what the plugin appears to do.

Mike Zemina

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    Netflix Plugin Description

My goal for this plugin is to do a few things:
    1. Be able to view and modify your netflix queue.
    2. Be able to view the list of at home movies. (mostly to see the ship and estimated recieve date)
    3. View lists of movies with abilty to add them to your queue (probably get the lists from the netflix rss feeds)
    4. Search for a movie with the mediaportal keyboard.

I will post screenshots later, have to go to work now.

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    Nearing First Release

Well, I accomplished all of the goals except for searching for a movie so far. I am working on polishing up a few things and should be posting a test version within the next few days.

Here are some screen-shots:

Free Image Hosting - PicTiger

GazpachoKing

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    comments/suggestions?

aasmund: Netflix is an online movie rental service.

Anyone tried it and have any comments/suggestions for me?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: comments/suggestions?

GazpachoKing said:
    aasmund: Netflix is an online movie rental service.

Anyone tried it and have any comments/suggestions for me?

It is actually an online DVD rental service - I think only available in USA.

I have tried it for several months and then just started to purchase my DVDs. It worked well, you put into a queue the DVDs you want, you pay a month service agreement and then as fast as you can watch and return DVD in their DVD postage pre-paid envelope you will get another DVD from your queue. With one service plan (not sure if they have more than one plan any more) you only have three DVDs in your possession at any one time. They can usually get a DVD back to you in 2 days, they have I believe several distrubtion centers located across USA to insure speed in customers recieveing the DVDs they requested. The more popular DVDs tend to get rented first and it may take awhile for those to be recieved by you (that was something I didn't like).

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom