Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (3 Viewers)

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi.
1. I can add Alias name to be shown in home screen.
2. What I want to do, is enable people to see Genres, maybe sort genres by rating but I have to research in to it because Netflix is not providing easy way to get these information.

You can post suggestions or bugs here https://bitbucket.org/MightyPolo/netflixalpha/issues?status=new&status=open

Thank you.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

This is great! I think it's a very good start.

A couple of things:

1) Are there keyboard commands for the player? For now, I would accept just exit :) If not, I'll plug something into IRSS.

EDIT: seems there are! I guess when I first tried the focus wasn't on the player or something and nothing worked. But, arrow keys fast forward and rewind... enter pauses and plays and I setup a button for Alt-F4 to exit... awesome!

2) +1 for the Titan skin... you can easily rename the plugin with the Basic Home editor, too.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to more updates.

Cheers.

Geoff

Last edited:

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Iam glad to know that it works for you.

You are right, at first the silverlight plugin doesnt have focus. That is because I dont know whether silverlight plugin was already loaded or not.
    Pressing Play or pause should bring focus after which keys starts working, stop button should close player.

Does Play or pause button works on your remote?
    I tested it with MCE remote for windows XP.

I will put implementing esc as quit to NFPlayer task list.

Also I will take look at Titan Skin, but it might take some time.

p.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not very good at skinning, but I hacked something for myself to use this in Titan and full-hd... this should get people going until someone with actual skinning skills can do it correctly.

Just copy the contents of the zip to the Titan skin directory.

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• NetflixAlphaTitan.zip
      18 KB

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Can't save authorization info, getting this error in configuration.log.
    Translated it says I don't have access.

Getting error 2013-05-26 12:28:07.512475 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: Error while getting accesstoken: System.Net.WebException: Fjärrservern returnerade ett fel: (401) Behörighet saknas.
    vid System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    vid Netflix.Tools.SendRequest(String url) i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\NetflixCalls\Tools.cs:rad 56
    vid Netflix.Tools.GetAccessToken(RequestToken r) i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\NetflixCalls\Tools.cs:rad 82
    vid NetflixAlphaPlugin.Plugin.NetflixAlphaConfig.Authorize() i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\TestPlugin\Plugin\NetflixAlphaConfig.cs:rad 51
    2013-05-26 12:28:07.513475 [ERROR][Config Main(1)]: Error while getting accesstoken: System.Net.WebException: Fjärrservern returnerade ett fel: (401) Behörighet saknas.
    vid Netflix.Tools.SendRequest(String url) i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\NetflixCalls\Tools.cs:rad 56
    vid Netflix.Tools.GetAccessToken(RequestToken r) i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\NetflixCalls\Tools.cs:rad 82
    vid NetflixAlphaPlugin.Plugin.NetflixAlphaConfig.Authorize() i C:\Users\pavel\Dropbox\Development\VS\NetflixAlpha\TestPlugin\Plugin\NetflixAlphaConfig.cs:rad 51

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi.
    I suppose that it is because you are in Sweeden, Iam supprised by that, because Iam able to Authorize my US account although Iam in Czech :)
    This only means that you wount be able to use instant queue and recommendations, search should still work for you.

Can you please try hitting button Test player to see whther you'll be able to use API calls for Netflix catalog?
    If movie starts playing, youll be able to use plugin even though you are not able to authorize.

Let me know how it went, and I will enable countries in plugin configurations, which will allow to disable authorization check on plugin startup.

p.

Can't save authorization info, getting this error in configuration.log.

Translated it says I don't have access.

Getting error 2013-05-26 12:28:07.512475 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: Error while getting accesstoken: System.Net.WebException: Fjärrservern returnerade ett fel: (401) Behörighet saknas.

2013-05-26 12:28:07.513475 [ERROR][Config Main(1)]: Error while getting accesstoken: System.Net.WebException: Fjärrservern returnerade ett fel: (401) Behörighet saknas.

[DOUBLEPOST=1369641922][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi!
    Great I will take a look at it.
    Thank you!

Also you can use skin files from Moving pictures, thats how I started with BlueWide. (Got permission of course :)).

Have a good day!
    I'm not very good at skinning, but I hacked something for myself to use this in Titan and full-hd... this should get people going until someone with actual skinning skills can do it correctly.

Just copy the contents of the zip to the Titan skin directory.

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does Play or pause button works on your remote? I tested it with MCE remote for windows XP.

I have been using the plugin for a few days now. The focus is still an issue. I have to use a mouse and click the player to have focus, as you mentioned. Once the focus is there, play, pause, fast forward and rewind buttons all work. I've kept the alt-f4 button for exiting the player as STOP does not seem to exit as you describe.

Cheers.

Geoff

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi and thanks for a very promising plugin!

Did an installation on my test client with good results.

Linking the account was successfull. (From Norway - without changes to host file or use of UnblockUS or similar)
    Diagnose passed all three tests.
    The player test also worked, but the video linked is not available a.t.m. Clicking "back to browsing" I could choose anything and get this playing.

Once inside MP the NetflixAlpha plugin started OK and could do a one word search and get lots of results.
    First result doesn't show it's cover until next item is selected, but going back it appears. Next time browsing same search result, the cover exists and is displayed instantly.

Doing a two or more word search, I get an (401) unauthorized error message. Going back and doing a one word search, results appear correctly.

Aborting or escaping an ongoing search, keeps displaying more results in the result view and if escaping back to root menu, result items appear under root menu items (Inst. Queue, Rec, Genres, Search Cat.)

As I'm not in the US I can't test Instant Queue..

Looking at the mediaportal.log and MP-error.log there appears to be some hardcoded paths? (C:\Users\pavel\...)

That's about all I can think about from my first try of this great plugin.

Rally looking forward to using netflix with only the mce Remote :)

Regards,
    el-Dia

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Does Play or pause button works on your remote? I tested it with MCE remote for windows XP.

I have been using the plugin for a few days now. The focus is still an issue. I have to use a mouse and click the player to have focus, as you mentioned. Once the focus is there, play, pause, fast forward and rewind buttons all work. I've kept the alt-f4 button for exiting the player as STOP does not seem to exit as you describe.

Cheers.

Geoff
    Hi.
    Here is RemoteTestApp which I used to find codes of my remote controll buttons.
    When you press button it should write what code it has.

With MCE remote (1039) it work fine.

In next release of plugin I will enable scripts which can be started with player (internal / external) so if we dont succede, you can always create ahk script which will do mouse click and so on. You can only use numbers/buttons (which are mapped from keyboard). I was using "MyNetflix plugin" like this until its very end.

Cheers![DOUBLEPOST=1369691704][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi!
    Thanks for bug report.

Doing a two or more word search, I get an (401) unauthorized error message. Going back and doing a one word search, results appear correctly.
    This is really bug :) I will fix it in next release. I didnt try to search for more words :))

Aborting or escaping an ongoing search, keeps displaying more results in the result view and if escaping back to root menu, result items appear under root menu items (Inst. Queue, Rec, Genres, Search Cat.)
    Also bug, will be fixed in release as well.

Looking at the mediaportal.log and MP-error.log there appears to be some hardcoded paths? (C:\Users\pavel\...)
    No paths are hardcoded, its because I deploy debug symbols with plugin.

Thanks again.
    btw: What model of MCE you have?
    Does it react in NFPlayer correctly? Play/Pause buttons should work.

p.

Attachments

• RemoteTestApp.zip
      298.7 KB
    Last edited:

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'll test the Remote tonight. Have only used it with the keyboard on my Laptop until now, just to get to try things out. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom