Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (1 Viewer)

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. Tested the plugin with one of the htpc's (Win7, MP1.3) at home last night.
    No problem activating the plugin with Netflix and started playing video after a search, without any problems.
    Pausing caused video to exit. Starting same video again resumed from exit point. Stop button had same effect.
    After playing several videos trying to exit (going back/up on the remote) resulted in previous video to start playing. I’ll test this a bit better and provide a better description of the issue.
    Tested OK with Streamed MP skin too. (Font a bit small, but works)
    Good start! : )

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi. Tested the plugin with one of the htpc's (Win7, MP1.3) at home last night.
    No problem activating the plugin with Netflix and started playing video after a search, without any problems.
    Pausing caused video to exit. Starting same video again resumed from exit point. Stop button had same effect.
    After playing several videos trying to exit (going back/up on the remote) resulted in previous video to start playing. I’ll test this a bit better and provide a better description of the issue.
    Tested OK with Streamed MP skin too. (Font a bit small, but works)
    Good start! : )
    Hi yesterday I came across this problem to.
    This is buried in logic in which when you press back you get to previous "window" in plugin. This is wrong and must be fixed.
    Thanks for pointing out.

btw: What MCE remote you have?
    p.

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's an iMon Remote bundled With the Silverstone ML-02 Thinking about this.. The iMon sw maps buttons according to the appl active. (MP, IE, etc..) I might have to do a custom mapping for the plugin player?

I'll try the plugin with a MS MCE Remote (without txt buttons) on the other front-end in a few hours. : )

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just done testing on the htpc with the MS MCE Remote and both play/pause buttons work as play/pause OK : ) Stop button stops playback too.
    The back/previous window button works the same way when playing several videos continuously; it restarts previously played videos.

All in all stable playback of Netflix videos :)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Hi.
    I suppose that it is because you are in Sweeden, Iam supprised by that, because Iam able to Authorize my US account although Iam in Czech :)
    This only means that you wount be able to use instant queue and recommendations, search should still work for you.

Can you please try hitting button Test player to see whther you'll be able to use API calls for Netflix catalog?
    If movie starts playing, youll be able to use plugin even though you are not able to authorize.

Let me know how it went, and I will enable countries in plugin configurations, which will allow to disable authorization check on plugin startup.

p.
    Movie does not start playing. So I guess this plugin won't work for us in Sweden?

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Movie does not start playing. So I guess this plugin won't work for us in Sweden?
    Hi.
    Iam quite sure that it will work, we just need to conclude right test.

The button in configuration starts movie which is available in US, several other people told me that in their country was not available.
    Please post me an url of movie which works at your location (IE url in browser when you watch it) and I will send you parameters with which you will be able to test player alone.

Cheers!
    p.[DOUBLEPOST=1369910787][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just done testing on the htpc with the MS MCE Remote and both play/pause buttons work as play/pause OK : ) Stop button stops playback too.
    The back/previous window button works the same way when playing several videos continuously; it restarts previously played videos.

All in all stable playback of Netflix videos :)
    Ok good to know it.
    So now, we will need to get codes for others peoples remotes.
    You can test app I posted in this thread, it should report scan codes of buttons.
    In case its able to read other remotes, I will create separate config file for player, in which you can define codes of buttons for operations.

Let me know if the application works with Silverstone remote.
    And thanks for testing!
    p.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It works in Finland, although I need to know which movies are available in Finland. Lost tv series for example
    works fine. So Is it possible to filter out fin, swe etc content with some query parameter in API ?

Br,

el-Dia

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tested a bit more with the mce remote. If i paused the video it was possible to skip forward! Then after pressing play again it was possible to skip forward during play (think you mentioned this in regards to focus earlier.)

About the silverstone remote, it sends keystrokes to MP or to the active prog. All keys are programmable through the iMon config. I'll try to make a config for NfPlayer.exe based on these keybord shortcuts and see it's behaviour. Up to now any button pressed have exited the player.

Thanx again for your work!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sweet! I was really hoping for a new Netflix plugin to popup. Thanks for making a new one and sharing it with us :)

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi te3hpurp.
    So Is it possible to filter out fin, swe etc content with some query parameter in API ?
    This is a big question for which I dont have answer just yet. Basicly Netflix states, that only US is supported in API. Searches should work everywhere but when you try to play movie, you might get error that this movie is not available in you location.
    Elsewhere in forums I found post mentioning that it can be done, but Iam unsure whther it still applies.
    Can you please send me show which you are able to view and not able to view? (url would be fine)
    Thanks.
    p.s. Other solution would be to parse some Netflix RSS for given country. I plan to add this in to plugin.

Hi el-Dia.
    Tested a bit more with the mce remote. If i paused the video it was possible to skip forward! Then after pressing play again it was possible to skip forward during play (think you mentioned this in regards to focus earlier.)
    Correct.
    I have not been able to distinguish whether plugin is already loaded and can be focused or not.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom