Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (3 Viewers)

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Ok people netflix alpha relese #2 is out.
You can grab it in first post of this forum. I think thats easier to fetch the latest version.

p.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nice work, How stable is this now, does it work for all videos? Lots of people asking for media center options with netflix support.

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    Having look through and notice you have an external player. The implementation I was playing with minus the OAuth as I missed that boat actually had the Silverlight player embedded with the ability to play/pause and stop. Did you want that code?

I have looks at the way that you have the project setup and I hope you do not mind, you can call the GUIControl I have instead of the external player. Also looking at the NfPlayer I think I may be able to use the rest of the shortcuts for the Silverlight player which means remote happiness for the MePo world as we can ride the MePo event model.

Will you be opening up the code at any point as I would like to contribute, however I am a compulsive refactorer :). Also I use the Titan UI so I assume you use Moving pictures as a base from the code I saw so I could start with that in Titan if you are interested.

Last edited:

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    this works perfectly on 3 of my machines
    on one of them when i try to configure it in mp config
    i get class not registered
    i have tried a full uninstall / reinstall of mp
    still dosent work

any ideas?

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Having look through and notice you have an external player. The implementation I was playing with minus the OAuth as I missed that boat actually had the Silverlight player embedded with the ability to play/pause and stop. Did you want that code?

I have looks at the way that you have the project setup and I hope you do not mind, you can call the GUIControl I have instead of the external player. Also looking at the NfPlayer I think I may be able to use the rest of the shortcuts for the Silverlight player which means remote happiness for the MePo world as we can ride the MePo event model.

Will you be opening up the code at any point as I would like to contribute, however I am a compulsive refactorer :). Also I use the Titan UI so I assume you use Moving pictures as a base from the code I saw so I could start with that in Titan if you are interested.
    Hi.

Player
    Not using external player would enable full support of all remotes which supports MediaPortal, this seem like a good thing. However I have come a cross several situations when IE module could not be freed from memory. Have you had similar experience? Also netflix is planning to move to HTML5 player, will it possible to use it also? I have not seen the code yet, since I was busy fixing other bugs.

Contributing
    I want to open code public after I will finish full feature set and be happy with code, which Iam not. OR I realize I have no more time to develop it.

Skin
    Originaly I wanted to introduce some more functionality from Moving pictures (such as HD picture) and so on. So I just created Blue wide skin. But since people realy want it, it would save me a lot of time! Take a working skin of Moving pictures and alter it the same way as the Blue wide is altered (comenting some blocks would do the job).

I will write you a message and we can cooperate, if you want.

thanks for writing.
    p.[DOUBLEPOST=1371458402][/DOUBLEPOST]
    this works perfectly on 3 of my machines
    on one of them when i try to configure it in mp config
    i get class not registered
    i have tried a full uninstall / reinstall of mp
    still dosent work

any ideas?
    Please send me error log, and we will look at it.
    thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sounds like a good plugin to add trakt.tv support, if you have an API so external plugin such as the Trakt plugin can know when you start watching something and when you Stop/Finish an episode or movie then its possible.

If you're interested just PM me.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Sounds like a good plugin to add trakt.tv support, if you have an API so external plugin such as the Trakt plugin can know when you start watching something and when you Stop/Finish an episode or movie then its possible.

If you're interested just PM me.
    Hi I was thinking of it.
    Right now Iam working on queue mangement.
    Then local queue for people who dont have instant queue.

p.

thunder

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    My MP runs on a second Monitor. But your Player on the fiirst. Can i fix that anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom