Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (4 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Sorry for no reply, looks like I didnt get notifications :-(. Player uses IE so I would try two things: 1. Clear all temps, cookies and so on (In IE) 2. Try to login from IE browser then close browser and reopen to see whether password stayed. Let me know whether it helped. p.

Hi there.

I tried these steps and it got further... I am no longer redirected to the login page. But instead, I'm directed to a black background page suggesting that I am not authorized to view the content. The same happens in the config when I "Test Player".

However, in IE or firefox on the same machine, I am able to view the content. Very weird. This machine was working just fine for weeeks. I've changed nothing and now it will not play netflix in this awesome plugin.

Thanks for your help.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Sorry for no reply, looks like I didnt get notifications :-(. Player uses IE so I would try two things: 1. Clear all temps, cookies and so on (In IE) 2. Try to login from IE browser then close browser and reopen to see whether password stayed. Let me know whether it helped. p.

Hi there.

I tried these steps and it got further... I am no longer redirected to the login page. But instead, I'm directed to a black background page suggesting that I am not authorized to view the content. The same happens in the config when I "Test Player".

However, in IE or firefox on the same machine, I am able to view the content. Very weird. This machine was working just fine for weeeks. I've changed nothing and now it will not play netflix in this awesome plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Hi.
    To find out whether the problem lays in IE component or anything else please copy working play movie url from netflix webpage (that works in your browser) and use it as first parameter of nfplayer.exe.

Usage of NFplayer is
    nfplayer.exe <url> -nofullscreen

This test will make clear whether there is problem with browser component or because api is edirecting you to wrong url.

Let me know.

Iam using plugin win7/WinXp without problems.

p.

p.s. There is also way to delete cached data from silverlight. Open silverlight and go to application storage. There you can delete all stored applications and force them to reload. I have noticed that netflix webpage recently "forgot" my subtitles setting so it might be connected (speculation :))

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks like the silverlight application storage was the issue.... I cleared that out and now it's working as before.

Thanks for your help!

g

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I mentioned this before. But even though I've added a lot of new stuff to my instant queue they don't show up when I select "instant queue"

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think I mentioned this before. But even though I've added a lot of new stuff to my instant queue they don't show up when I select "instant queue"

The plugin has a limit of the number of elements it will list in the instant queue... cannot recall the number (30? 50?). The way I've been dealing with that is to use the netflix webpage interface to move items I want to see inside MP to near the top of the queue. That seems to work for me.

Last edited:

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    I have noticed a couple of issues. If I try and use a mouse/keyboard after the movie starts playing, the cursor is not visible. Of more importance to me is that once I start playing a movie, when I hit the <esc> key, synonymous with the back button I believe. This test system doesn't have a remote plugged so I'm left with the keyboard commands. I get a popup window which says "An error has occurred in a script on this page", I'm including a screen shot as attached. Answering yes or no to the popup doesn't change anything, the movie just keeps playing in the background with the and I have to use task manager to get out of the player. Pop up and log files attached. This is the test system from my profile, of siginificance might be that is run Win 8 and IE 10.
    I did a little more study last night. The popup error occurs after I hit the back arrow with my mouse button while the movie plays. I also hooked a remote up to this system and the back button works fine in general MP navigation, but once I get to the netflix playing movie, my back button on the remote doesn't do anything. I can't believe I ommitted this, but the behaviour I am referenceing is for the Alpha2 release.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Tony

Attachments

• NetflixAlpah2.jpg
      NetflixAlpah2.jpg
      50.1 KB
    Last edited:

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    For what it's worth, I found an article that suggested a Silverlight reinstall. I tried it but it didn't change anything.

Tony

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Tony.
    Right now, player only wraps IE object which loads silverlight plugin from url that Netflix api returns.
    I would like to know, whther you see this behavior when you open Netflix player in IE browser.
    Please let me know.

I have seen other wierd behavior in win8 in this thread.
    I will install win8 for tests and try to see what is happening.

Esc is not working right now, in case you use MCE remote, stop button should close player.

p.

Last edited:

wolferl99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    just wanted to let you know US user here (win7 mepo1.4). plugin works great. instant queue and search as expected. genre not as expected too. if there is any us testing to be done I can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom