New Capture Card (1 Viewer)

Manhattan

April 26, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I migrated to MP over fifteen years ago from Beyond TV and have loved it ever since. I have 8 computers running MP sharing one Colossus for my Shaw Cable receiver in Canada. I'd like to add another one or two capture cards but noticed that the availability of Hauppauge Colossus or even Colossus 2 are slim. Is there another capture card available that MP can capture HD from a cable box or is Hauppauge the only way?

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    if you're interested in capture AC5 5.1 audio from channels, as far as i know the only way is colossus2, before i had a pvr hd2 GE but it was a pain in the a.. it was freezing very often. Colossus 2 works like a charm.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I migrated to MP over fifteen years ago from Beyond TV and have loved it ever since. I have 8 computers running MP sharing one Colossus for my Shaw Cable receiver in Canada. I'd like to add another one or two capture cards but noticed that the availability of Hauppauge Colossus or even Colossus 2 are slim. Is there another capture card available that MP can capture HD from a cable box or is Hauppauge the only way?
    As far as I know, only the PVR and Colossus 1 or 2 are supported. Other capture cards like my old Avermedia C27 never made it :cry:

Edit:
    After thinking about it, we also had the Hauppauge PVR 150 and 250, both were analog cards, so max input was s-video:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom