New client set up (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Splashed out on a new mini rig for bedroom set up due to success of main lounge MePo machine (core 2 duo, 6000 series ati graphics card). I wanted a silent, efficient set up and went for;

D2700DC intel atom mobo with 4GB DDR3, a 60 gig OCZ agility 3 SSD all wrapped in in a nice Qubz metal case.

Thing is, client performance on live tv isnt amazing, SD channels stutter a bit for the first minute then are fine and HD channels similar but a touch worse on BBC one HD.

SD my TV series and moving pictures fine, HD 1080 is certainly acceptable but can suffer from initial stutter.

General navigation on MePo GUI is smoth and error free (avalon)

This client is getting its content networked from the main lounge pc through a powerline set up.

I thought that the client machine would chomp through anything I threw at it and am bit disapointed with its performance. Is it the machine, is it the network capability - what can I do to have the client work as well as the main lounge PC, considering that I want a silent machine?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi

I suggest you try something like lan speed test to check the network speeds you are getting over the Powerline:

http://download.cnet.com/LAN-Speed-Test/3000-2085_4-10908738.html

In my old house the Powelines were really slow. In the house I am in at the moment they are great.

I think a lot has to do with the wiring.

I am using TP-Link 200mbps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-...BOV2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1360529972&sr=8-5

Thanks useful LAN test link.

Problem actually seemed to come from 2 different branded powerlines (thats 2 x 2 plugs) being used at the same time. As soon as one system was switched off stuttering stopped.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I've just spent today trying to get a second client up and running after last weeks fun, this time the machine is;

core 2 duo 6600 2.4GHz
    4770HD radeon graphics card
    2gig ram
    32 bit win7

Installed MePo with Avalon skin and configured same as client 1, but I just cant get the TV to work, occasionally it comes on but 90% of the time the screen stays black and kind of freezes.

The network speed to the server machine is 90Mbps

Logs attached, any help greatly appreciated

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Bumping as I still havent resolved the TV issue and have increased the ram to 4GB, any advice greatly appreciated.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Quick question, where is the timeshift buffer stored? What kind of drive is it on?

There are a few other threads about the [3f4]memorybuffer:put full buffer which appears in the logs

Edit: Maybe this is the source of the issue for both clients.

It might be worth doing a test using the system drive on the TV Server as the timeshift folder and see if that works.

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks a lot for replying

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer

WDC WD2500JS-60MHB5 ATA 250gig

I tried moving the timeshift folder to record on the server machine, but unfortunately encountered the same issue although slightly different error message

[cd0]memorybuffer:put full buffer (12583592) instead of the previous

[3f4]memorybuffer:put full buffer (12583592)[DOUBLEPOST=1361643889][/DOUBLEPOST]Logs attached

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Another thing to try might be to disable ms security essentials on the TV server, or any other real time virus scanning that you have enabled.

This has helped me with issues in the past.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Another thing to try might be to disable ms security essentials on the TV server, or any other real time virus scanning that you have enabled.

This has helped me with issues in the past.

Yes, I've had issues with the real time scanner also and it is disabled on the server.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Another thing would be to try and test without the power line adapters so either wireless or plug straight into the router. Does the TV server have a client on the same machine that you could test with as well?

Also, in some of the forums I browsed it mentioned the ati drivers so make sure you have the latest version of CCC installed.

Finally, is the same time shift folder used for all cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom