New client set up (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another thing would be to try and test without the power line adapters so either wireless or plug straight into the router. Does the TV server have a client on the same machine that you could test with as well?

Also, in some of the forums I browsed it mentioned the ati drivers so make sure you have the latest version of CCC installed.

Finally, is the same time shift folder used for all cards?

Tried ethernet and powerline - same issue. The first client (D2700DC) in bedroom 1 is running fine through powerline. Its this bedroom 2 client that just doesnt start up TV service right.

Yep I'm running CCC 13.1

And yes the same timeshift folder is used for all cards.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    I am almost out of ideas :)

Quick question, in the TV Client config of the client what have you got, the hostname or the IP address?

Edit: Maybe try playing around with the codecs. Also, you could try using your onboard graphics rather than the ATI to rule that out.

There's a few threads on the same issue you are having so maybe you might find something there. Some of them suggest disabling plugins and retesting.

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I am almost out of ideas :)

Quick question, in the TV Client config of the client what have you got, the hostname or the IP address?

Keep em coming!

I have the hostname in the TV Client config. I tried putting in IP but this didnt work.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    As well as the codecs and onboard graphics that I suggested above the last thing I can thing of is to try and play a recording to work out whether it is live tv or just playing .ts files that is the issue.

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    As well as the codecs and onboard graphics that I suggested above the last thing I can thing of is to try and play a recording to work out whether it is live tv or just playing .ts files that is the issue.

ok. So I can watch over the network 1080p content from Moving Pictures with no issues, smooth as, no stuttering.

My TV series also perfect

SD recorded TV programmes, I assume they are .ts files play fine. HD recorded TV programmes cause a crash. Still neither SD or HD channels will view on Live TV

I'm using LAV codecs for all, but have tried using Microsoft DTV codecs for Live TV but experience same issue

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd imagine that the D2700DC onboard GPU would be borderline/too slow for 1080i in mediaportal. If you want to identify a network related issue then copy a 1080i recording onto the local HDD of the client, and then play that recording back using mediaportal. NOTE - you have to play it back using mediaportal, not a different player as mediaportal requires more hardware grunt than a lot of stand alone software video players.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I'd imagine that the D2700DC onboard GPU would be borderline/too slow for 1080i in mediaportal. If you want to identify a network related issue then copy a 1080i recording onto the local HDD of the client, and then play that recording back using mediaportal. NOTE - you have to play it back using mediaportal, not a different player as mediaportal requires more hardware grunt than a lot of stand alone software video players.

Sorry, perhaps I should've started a new thread. The D2700DC client is working fine.

Problem I'm experiencing now is that I've set up client machine number 2, which is a core 2 duo with HD 4770 Radeon card - its streaming content including 1080p sweet over the network from Moving pictures and My TV series, but just wont start up Live TV. Recordings from TV also sketchy with SD sometimes working and HD content causes a crash. Any ideas?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    likely network, codec, or display driver issue.

1st step, check if network issue, play identical locally stored .ts recording vs' network stored .ts recording.

next step, update display driver

next step, run MP in windowed mode, try with different codecs + use graphstudio at the same time to double check that codecs are indeed being changed

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    likely network, codec, or display driver issue.

1st step, check if network issue, play identical locally stored .ts recording vs' network stored .ts recording.

next step, update display driver

next step, run MP in windowed mode, try with different codecs + use graphstudio at the same time to double check that codecs are indeed being changed

.ts files dont work on local also. Just tried your first step.

Interestingly, I did go from testing videos from Moving Pictures and My TV Series (all worked fine) straight to Live TV (SD channel) and Live TV played, however when I tried to turn over to another SD channel the screen froze. Logs taken straight after.

I assume that when you say in your next step that I should update the display driver, you mean ensure I have the latest version of CCC for my graphics card? If so I have.

I guess then its your final suggestion...[DOUBLEPOST=1361725879][/DOUBLEPOST]Found this page and think its a similar issue

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...back-possible-on-mp-1-2-3.112882/#post-920077

I need to configure audio, will post back

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    SOLVED - YES!

Newly installed Graphics card disabled onboard audio device - I had to go into BIOS and enable onboard audio and booooooom everything running sweet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom